Page 1 of 2[12 Last

can you help identify?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
ForGetMeNot
Posted: Apr/05/2005 12:31 AM PST

Hello-- cna anyone idnetify this plant for me?

[COLOR=Indigo]UPDATE: this one turned out to be a Magic or Surprise Lily. after the folliage all died off and I thought it was done for the year suddenly it bloomed with the most beautiful pink flowers! I have since dug it up to divide it and though I only got like 6 flowers off of it I am almost surprised I got those, this poor thing was so over crowded you wouldn't beleive. in an space that should have maybe had 4 bulbs in it there were [I]58!![/I] so they are getting spread around the yard! [/COLOR]

Attachments:

shinekeeper blog
Posted: Apr/05/2005 1:28 AM PST

I'm thinking it's a Belladona Lily, aka "Naked Lady". Google that and see if it looks familiar.

Welcome to the forum!
ForGetMeNot
Posted: Apr/05/2005 3:02 AM PST

Hi Debbie--thanks for your reply--I googled it but though I am finding wonderful pictures of the flowers I am not finding much on the foliage and I have not seen this flower yet since it is our first year here and it has been here longer then we have. However, I seen in my google search that it would also be called the amarylis belladona if it is the belladona lily and I was over in the amarylis thread wondering if this plant may be that. Any way...how about this one?

Attachments:

shinekeeper blog
Posted: Apr/05/2005 1:30 PM PST

Hmm...that one is some type of day lily, I'm not sure what exact cultivar. I am far from an expert on these, but I think I'm right!
MarieKrause
Posted: Apr/05/2005 4:10 PM PST

The first shot looks like a narcissus but sure is bushy compared to mine so I'm not sure. It is NOT a naked lady, because my leaves are narrower than that and darker green.
The second shot looks like an ameryllis that I have that has pink blooms but I don't know the 'right' name for it yet. I just call it the pink ameryllis so far:o)
KentuckyLady
Posted: Apr/05/2005 5:54 PM PST

First pic - My first thought was Allium possibly - second though not sure as I have never grown it is Agapanthus .I also think the ends of the agapanthus leaves are more pointed .
If it is Allium , then it will be blooming soon .
The 2nd pic I also say Daylily /Hemerocallis .
ForGetMeNot
Posted: Apr/06/2005 8:04 PM PST

thanks all--I have looked up all of the suggestions I have received on the first mystery plant and so far do not find one (that shows the leaves well enough) that has the rounded almost scooped tips my mystery does. Thoush I think I would be pleased with any of those will have to wait until it blooms I guess.
On my second mystery it sounds like I may have a bunch of lilly types there.
can anyone identify this *tree*?

Attachments:

MaxBaer
Posted: Apr/06/2005 8:22 PM PST

Forgetmenot, It is a type of Acer (Maple) I can not tell which it is without a close up pic of the bark or a leaf. The seed pod's or Helicopter's as the kids call them don't help as to the type. Sorry..
ForGetMeNot
Posted: Apr/07/2005 2:31 AM PST

Thank you, if the storms have cleared tomorrow I will try to get those pics. At least I am closer then I was, I don't recall ever seeing this type of seed pod on a tree before. Whatever this one is it is a young one I'm sure.
treeman blog photos
Posted: Apr/07/2005 5:03 PM PST

The Acer is possibly Acer rubrum. The shape of the samaras (helicopters) is about right as is the the color. However I am not too famniliar with the maples common to Alabama so it is possible it is another.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account