Page 1 of 1[1]

New looking for some new seeds

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
brandybrady
Posted: Sep/14/2005 6:05 PM PST

Hi new here..very new to growing flowers to..just wanted to start swaping seeds..never have done this before so if someone can give me a heads up on how it goes thank you

i have marigolds--there 3 shades of orange
Red poppyImpatiens-tom thumb
bachelor button

not many but like i said i'm new
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Sep/15/2005 7:24 PM PST

First of all you will get more views if you post this in the seed swap - flowers section.

Second, when somebody replies you PM each other with your address and you both send out what it is you agreed to trade.

Third of all, send at least 25 seeds if at all possible or more if you have an abundance.

Fourth, padd them when sending so as not to allow them to get crushed. A lot of us use the padded mailers if we are sendin very many or very large or very fragile seeds. You can wrap a padded mailer in packing tape BEFORE addressing then tape over the address to keep them on. Then, when the recipient receives the seeds they can remove the address and reuse. We have some envelopes in the GG circle that have been to SEVERAL houses. This helps all save money in the swapping of seeds.

If you want to receive seeds but don't have anything the other person is interested in, offer to send a sase to cover their postage expense. (if it's me I will refuse a sase but that is MY decision and you should at least be polite and make the offer. I just think it is silly to make the post office rich paying postage to send postage. All I ask my friends to do is to return this favor to another gardener some day.)
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Sep/15/2005 7:31 PM PST

By the way, I have the following seeds to share if you are interested. Just send me a pm and let me know which ones you would like and your address and they will go out in a couple of days.

Touch-me-nots in a mixed shades of pink
annual yellow Hibiscus
blue Balloon Flower
white Coneflower
purple Coneflower
Black-eyed Susans
Rose Moss (aka Portulaca)

I also have Mamath dill if you do herbs too.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account