Page 1 of 2[12 Last

New Old Bird Feeder with Sound Monitor

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Jul/17/2005 8:31 PM PST

Well, its been three weeks, but my bird feeder is finally up!!! The microphone works well, and it only took the birds two hours to try it. A cardinal was there today and yesterday!!!! The feeder is filled with sunflower seeds which unfortunately is attracting the pigeons, and which also leave a mess on the ground (first birdfeeder - did not think of the mess they'd make). So far I've had a zillion sparrows and pigeons, and the one cardinal. It's a hoot listening to them chatter from inside my house! Of course, I had to tell the neighbors not to say bad things about me in the backyard, because I'd hear them

The sunflower seeds are Kaytee brand. Can I take the mess from the ground and throw it in my garden or will they sprout? I'm going to see how much the hulled seeds are next time, or just get something that won't make such a mess - ewww.

DonnaMarieNJ
sweetlebee blog photos
Posted: Jul/18/2005 1:20 AM PST

Oh, they'll sprout alright! I heard somewhere that you can bake the seeds so they don't germinate. I never get around to it though and just refill the feeder because the birds are out there giving me the evil eye for letting it go empty.
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Jul/18/2005 12:10 PM PST

Some of the bags I've bought in the past said "not for human consumption" so I wasn't sure what was wrong with the seeds. Was hoping that whatever they did to them would stop them from sprouting.

Oddly enough, when I purchased seeds in the past and just threw them on the macadam, I NEVER had a mess to clean up. I can no longer walk in my bare feet in my yard near the birdfeeder because of the mess on the ground not only with the whole seeds, but the outer part, too.

And those pigeons! My neighbors are going to shoot me!!!!
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Jul/03/2005 4:13 PM PST

Yes, I can also hear neighbors in the next yard (what out what you say!), airplanes overhead, possible burglars (eeek!), etc. I can turn it off at night. The problem is my dad broke the battery case when trying to put the batteries in. It was so old that the battery case lid was stuck and we couldn't open it. So, he forced it and now the batteries aren't getting the correct contact. I was hoping to get it going this weekend.

The company who made it is probably no longer in business (I can find nothing about it on the web) and cannot get a replacement part for it.
Herb photos
Posted: Jul/03/2005 3:18 PM PST

Sounds like the feeder could be a lot of fun. I gather that when the birds are feeding you can hear them in the house. I guess you would also hear a squirrel should one be scratching on the feeder. Hope you get lots of joy from it.
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Aug/14/2005 1:53 PM PST

I have no PMs from you. I will PM you now.

DonnaMarieNJ
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Jul/01/2005 11:28 PM PST

Today, someone gave me a bird feeder they had forgotten was in their attic. It was made in 1995. The box was sealed with complete instructions. It is called "Wing Song Bird Feeder System with Sound Monitor." I think I have Model BF1 and I believe it was made by "County Line Limited." It is an elaborate (for me, at least), very pretty, birdfeeder and the pamphlet claims "Brings the Peaceful Sights & Sounds of Nature into Your Home."

I've had tried to find info about this feeder and/or the company on the web, to no avail. Is this a good feeder worth getting excited about? I figure if the company went out of business or stopped making this type of birdfeeder, then something must be wrong with it. I shouldn't whine, tho, I didn't pay for it.

I am very intrigued about the "sound monitor." It uses 4 batteries, and has a combination baffle/seed tray, pole, transmitter, receiver, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

DonnaMarieNJ
ARLsGarden
Posted: Aug/14/2005 1:30 AM PST

Hi DonnaMarieNJ,

I tried to PM you with my SnailMail Address, but I got error messages at the point
I clicked on the Submit Button.

I tried again after being instructed to log in (I thought I was already logged in),
the same thing happened.

So at this point, you have received one, two, or no PM(s).

I have sent an email to the webmaster via email for specific advice on sending PM's

Thanks again,
ARL
ARLsGarden
Posted: Aug/01/2005 9:38 PM PST

Dear DonnaMarieNJ,

I also came by a "Wing Song Bird Feeder System
with Sound Monitor." It is a really beautiful birdfeeder.

I also was not able to contact the company for any
additional information. So when I read your thread mentioning that you had complete original instructions, you can only imagine my surprise.

If you would or could scan in the instructions that came with the Wing Song into a file (PDF?) and attache it to my mailbox here
I would be really appreciative.

Without the instructions, I have considerable concern that I could damage the recieving unit as it seems to require a DC transformer input.

Again any assistance you could provide me in this
request would be a great kindness and really appreciated.

Sincerely,
ARL

P.S. I hope this gets to you. I've been having some problems with sending
messages here so I appologize in advance if this gets to you more than
once.

> New Old Bird Feeder with Sound Monitor
> -------------------
>
> Today, someone gave me a bird feeder they had
> forgotten was in their attic. It was made in 1995.
> The box was sealed with complete instructions. It
> is called "Wing Song Bird Feeder System with Sound >Monitor." I think I have Model BF1 and I believe it >was made by "County Line Limited." It is an >elaborate (for me, at least), very pretty, birdfeeder >and the pamphlet claims "Brings the Peaceful Sights >& Sounds of Nature into Your Home."
>
DonnaMarieNJ
Posted: Aug/01/2005 10:39 PM PST

Hi! Of course I will help. However, please PM me with your snail mail address as I don't know how to scan.

Glad to help!

DonnaMarieNJ
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account