Page 1 of 10[123 Last

Hypertufa for huge pots?

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
Zana
Posted: Jul/15/2005 12:48 AM PST

Armadillo,
If you scoll to the beginning of this thread you should find the link for another forum/site just for tufa.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hypertufa_Art/

Good luck...and there are more of us tufa heads about than we can imagine...we keep sprouting up all over the place like Grots....lol

Zana
Zana
Posted: Jun/26/2005 1:44 PM PST

wow.......my computer crashes......takes a more than a month to get it up and running again (although still a bit dodgy...haven't worked all the kinks out of the settings yet)...and look what happens to this thread!

Scarzimof: Wow Wow Wow....tell me you'll take orders for those chairs! I've got a few design clients that would go ape over them.

The pots I did over a month ago are still curing....although I did peak at them last weekend. I have a feeling I'll attempt some larger ones next weekend. I'm getting inspired by all the pics and links in this thread.

As for Kentucky - how close are you to LUaVull? (LOL)....should be passing thru there in Sept....lol...heading much farther south...have to make the final decisions on the move south. I am planning stops in LUaVull when I head back north. Who knows - maybe we can do a hypertufa marathon?...hehehe
Zana
Posted: Jun/26/2005 1:45 PM PST

wow.......my computer crashes......takes a more than a month to get it up and running again (although still a bit dodgy...haven't worked all the kinks out of the settings yet)...and look what happens to this thread!

Scarzimof: Wow Wow Wow....tell me you'll take orders for those chairs! I've got a few design clients that would go ape over them.

The pots I did over a month ago are still curing....although I did peak at them last weekend. I have a feeling I'll attempt some larger ones next weekend. I'm getting inspired by all the pics and links in this thread.

As for Kentucky - how close are you to LUaVull? (LOL)....should be passing thru there in Sept....lol...heading much farther south...have to make the final decisions on the move south. I am planning stops in LUaVull when I head back north. Who knows - maybe we can do a hypertufa marathon?...hehehe...or should that read assembly line?
Kygal photos
Posted: Jun/15/2005 2:55 PM PST

Still have'nt gotten to try the tufa pot's.....working WAY to much and to many hour's of the day.
although I went to lowes and got me a stone creator called word's in stone.....all the stuff to do it with....
Ron do you think that Mrs. Ron would let me barrow you for oh say a few week's????
hum hum hum??
Maby you could help me get thing's going here and then I may actually get to get something done.....UGGG! LOL
if I ever get the time I AM going to try that...

any taker's on comeing to KY to help a Poor lil helpless woman make Flower pot's, sculptures, and then some......
SAHRENELOVESGREEN
Posted: Jun/16/2005 4:07 PM PST

they have a great article in garden gate magazine on how to make these. I think i might try my hands at it.
BannedUser
Posted: Jul/14/2005 8:57 PM PST

Great thanks Ron,
Are the Tufa "fans" still around or are we the only ones? Im hooked!big time and I go into the stores and say Hey I could tufa that and that and over that...ooo I can plant that in my tufa thanks for the info Ill do that. Any other sites you know of that are TUFA'D OUT? A
BannedUser
Posted: Jul/16/2005 3:58 PM PST

Hello Ron
Thanks again for the above links. I did go and sign in but I also did other searching. Boy there is alot of sites. looks like its real big in the UK. Well I had one question about doing the ball shape. I bought a beach ball at the $1. store and Im staring at it. I do want it to look somewhat thin on the outside but strong enough to hold water. It will have an large opening on the top. any thoghts? have you done one with an opening? thanks A
BannedUser
Posted: Jul/17/2005 8:31 PM PST

HEY RON,
Just got back from church and the ball looks good. I had to place it in a pot of water and its floating around in there. But I think its going to make it it i just LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!Didnt you say something about patience?Ya whatever...The sand "pit" is an ecellent idea and the next one -Ill do that!For now I will just use it as a half ball planter. But I know ILL have to reinforce it later. ok well hey do you know where I can find info on how to post pictures online?Thanks again for alllllll your help and yes I totally agree with the cure and wrap "practice" of Tufa! A
BannedUser
Posted: Jul/17/2005 2:38 PM PST

OK that WASNT easy...The beach ball. Thank God my husband helped me, it woulded have worked otherwise. I guess im confused on how you get the tufa all around the big ball before it starts to fall off by itself. It would try to slide down and No its not even close to 2" thick. The whole time I was saying maybe this, maybe that...Maybe I should stick to casting leaves, THATS EASY FOR ME. MY Husaband has been doing concrete for over 19 years and he said you dont have to cover it. I said oh yes honey, I do. That what THEY told me to do. anyways, I covered it and this AM the ball didnt have any cracks and it looks pretty good for 'half of a ball'. Maybe ILL use it for a planter but I will have to put more inside for thickness. If I can learn how to put the pix on here I will post them I also made a sprinker out of a mushroom. That was easy too. oH AND IT WILL BE 111' TODAY AND FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK 109. YIKES!!!!!!!!"Such a newbie!!!!A
Herblady
Posted: Jul/14/2005 9:34 PM PST

I'm hooked on tufas as well...... In fact, the family members and friends that I made tufas for as gifts (christmas and b-days), well they want to make more for themselves..... I am going to be giving a class for all of them soon... during my vacation time...... Oh such fun and sooooooo....easy!

Herblady
Page 1 of 10[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account