Page 1 of 1[1]

jade compacta

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
jojoe photos
Posted: Dec/09/2011 8:21 AM PST

Good morning,there's a little morning left (i think)

I have 2 jade compacta,i thought for my first succulents i would start small and easy.I have a few more succulents now and really enjoy them.

But my 2 little jade plants aren't doing anything but growing straight up.They are healthy but i thought they would be a small bush.Is there some way to make them grow more limbs.I have 1 picture of them and there are 2 other potted plants in the pic.I'm sure you can tell the mini jades are in the middle.I hope because there the compacta variety that they will grow more limbs.I've had them since the beginning of the summer.

thanks for any help I can get and have a merry christmas
Jo

Attachments:

purplepassion photos
Posted: Dec/09/2011 2:13 PM PST

Could they have been mislabeled ??
jojoe photos
Posted: Dec/10/2011 8:38 PM PST

Hello,

I think thats always possible! Do you have a reason for asking? Do they not look like they are suppose to.Maybe I should try to get an ID on them.I thought they looked like little tiny cute jade plants. But now they are getting to be tall and skinny plants.

Thank you for the help and have a merry christmas

Jo
purplepassion photos
Posted: Dec/11/2011 2:08 PM PST

I questioned the possibilty of them being mislabeled because YOU said they were't what you expected(a small bush) and were growing straight up There are soooo many varieties of crassula....mislabeling happens alot,even with seed packages!!Just a thought.
jojoe photos
Posted: Dec/11/2011 4:05 PM PST

This is the first one I've ever had.Do you know of any good sites that might help me id it and find out exactly what it's suppose to do.I can't imagine in a year what they will look like if they just keep reaching for the sky

I wonder about pruning them to make them bushier.A lot of plants will get leggy that aren't pruned or pinched back.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!
I think I need to do even more research,
Betts blog photos
Posted: Mar/06/2012 9:40 AM PST

Jade plants grow to be bushes...you would have to let them get larger and then prune them to shape, but keep in mind they are not like other bushes.

What you have there are Jades, but succulents and cacti are slow growers. You pot up as they out grow what they're in. I have two Jades that have been in the same pots for over 9 years. One did not flower for 7 of those years.

You may want to look for a small one that in already in bush form.

Wishing you well
(^_~)
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account