- Garden Design
- Gardening Spaces
- Pests & Diseases
- Gardening Phases
- Organic Gardening
Location: Central La.
Posted: Nov/05/2011 12:16 PM PST
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tubes of crescent rolls (I used 1 1/2 for two people)
2 Granny Smith apples (or apples of your choice)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
12 oz of sprite (or mountain dew)
2 sticks of butter (I only used one)
Cinnamon to taste
1. Peel and slice your apples into wedges (I bought myself an apple slicer/corer…great little gadget for around $6.00 at Wal Mart – get yourself one!). Roll up an apple wedge in one of the crescent roll triangles
2. Place crescent wrapped apples in a sprayed casserole dish
First pic.goes here.
3. Melt butter, add sugar and vanilla and stir until “slushy” (that’s unmelted butter in the pan…not some wormy thing!)
Second Pic. goes here.
4. Pour butter mixture over tops of apples
Third Pic. goes here.
5. Pour the can of soda around the wedges and sprinkle cinnamon on top
Forth Pic. goes here.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until brown and crispy
Fivth Pic. goes here.
7. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
Posted: Nov/05/2011 12:46 PM PST
They look SCRUMPTOUS !! My mouth is watering....put the coffee on !
Location: Van, Tx
Posted: Nov/05/2011 8:59 PM PST
Good idea maybe I will use this when we get together at the holidays..of course I need to practice making them..
You say you use only one stick of butter wow could you imagine using two? it looks yummy I'll try it soon. Thanks for sharing.
Location: Iowa, Zone 4
Posted: Nov/22/2011 5:34 PM PST
I can vouch for this recipe as I have used it....only difference is mine used 3/4 cup of orange juice in the pan with the melted butter and sugar. Did not have the Sprite.......also called for pecans over the apple dumplings. It is very easy and OH SO GOOD! Quick and easy........plus tasting good......now that's my kind of recipe!