Page 1 of 1[1]

Over 200 Auckland Flowers Are Endangered

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
stephenwilliams
Posted: Oct/21/2011 2:16 AM PST

New Zealand is well known for its environmental conservation efforts and The New Zealand Department of Conservation have been taking several steps to ensure the survival of threatened flower species. One of the most effective programs has been to use the Auckland Botanical Gardens as a kind of nursery where DOC has managed to preserve many Auckland flowers for future generations to enjoy. The sprawling gardens have been fashioned into a number of different habitats, from wetland to native forest, grass land to volcanic lava field, that successfully grow and promote native flora. DOC also seeks to preserve flowers in the wild by designating small reserves around the city to protect endangered habitats. Myers park in the central city and Bastion point near Mission bay are both havens for local native flowers.
Betts blog photos
Posted: Oct/21/2011 9:17 AM PST

That is wonderful!!! So happy to know there are folks out there preserving to inspire future gardeners.

Wishing all well
(^_~)
dmreed4311
Posted: Nov/14/2011 3:03 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by Betts
That is wonderful!!! So happy to know there are folks out there preserving to inspire future gardeners.

Wishing all well
(^_~)

I agree, when i retire i will be doing alot of gardening and hope these flowers are still around.

Carpet doctor inc.
10903 brucehaven dr.
riverview fl 33578
813-988-7946
krysty
Posted: Jun/07/2012 5:13 AM PST

This is really great.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account