Page 1 of 1[1]

mysterious lawn problem

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
risktaker99
Posted: Jul/02/2011 6:10 PM PST

I am trying to help my son-in-law with his lawn problem. As you can see from the pix, 1/2 of the front lawn looks great and 1/2 is very sick. The weird part is as you can see it almost looks like it was planned this way since there is literally a virtual line down the middle. They have only lived in the house since December.

Any ideas what's causing the problem and how to fix it?

Attachments:

carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jul/11/2011 10:58 AM PST

Probably best to contact your local extension agency and see what insects and diseases attack lawns in your part of the country.
CObotanyboy photos
Posted: Jul/11/2011 10:20 PM PST

To me it looks like some type of fungus kill, turf can get many diseases/ fungi/insects. I am taking into consideration that the tree is providing equal shade on both good and bad portions of the lawn, and watering is also equal on both portions.
n2gzs photos
Posted: Jul/12/2011 12:59 PM PST

What type of grass is it? Has he fertilized it? If so, what type fertilizer did he use?
It does look like a fungus, and those are really hard to get rid of; possibly brown patch disease. I too, would check with the local agricultural extension service.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account