Page 1 of 1[1]

leaving gardenguides

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
tiggy photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 6:11 AM PST

I am leaving this site and deleting my account. I am tired of getting sex solicitations from women in my messages. It seems like that is all this site is good for. I would think that after you report them in they would take the person off. I have gotten two from the same person and a few others. I will move on to a site where people want to talk about gardening instead of sending me messages about "hooking up"
amandaw photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 6:21 AM PST

Seriously???
amandaw photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 6:29 AM PST

You are exactly right, I just got a message from someone that said she was interested in me. Creepy! How do I go about deleting my account?
palmsarepretty blog photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 7:07 AM PST

that happened to me but i love this site so i delete the message and try to forget about it fter i report it
RosesLady blog photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 9:24 AM PST

They are scammers looking for money, from unsuspecting people You will find scammers on ALL Internet sites, unfortunately. It is like getting junk mail to your house, and telemarketing phone calls. Not the nicest part of our lives, but there just the same.

Just delete them, and enjoy chatting with the good, and the real people here. I really like this site too, and enjoy the many photos and sharing.
tiggy photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 12:01 PM PST

I am still waiting to hear back from customer service. This is the only site I have seen that doesn't have a delete account option. I belong to several dog sites and have never gone through this. I use facebook and don't have these problems.

I know all about scammers, I used to be fraud prevention. There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the forums anyway.

Hopefully they will delete my account soon.
tiggy photos
Posted: Jun/30/2011 12:08 PM PST

I just found this in the terms of service.....

CUSTOMER SUPPORT. We have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. However, we may provide you with customer support from time to time, at our sole discretion, if you have created an Account and you submit your customer support questions using your Account

Read more: Terms of Use | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/terms-of-use.html#ixzz 1QmuDZACb

Nice to know they get back to people from time to time.
witt blog photos
Posted: Jul/01/2011 1:50 AM PST

I will be happy to delete your account.

*POOF*

You're deleted.
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Jul/01/2011 4:34 AM PST

Score:
Witt ~ 1
Disgruntled customers ~ 0
daffodil_lover photos
Posted: Jul/02/2011 12:55 PM PST

I get them too, but I can't even delete them! They just sit in my message box for forever and I just try to ignore them.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account