Page 1 of 1[1]

Wild Rose transplants, help!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Jun/12/2011 9:27 AM PST

I went out this morning to try to dig up a wild rose... but I couldn't find any roots for the 3 plants I dug up! I looked 18" from the plant, but its just bare cane underground. I cut them to about 4" of woody cane, or whatever its called underground, with no roots. All the plants are less than 8" tall so there's not much foliage. I dipped them in rooting hormone and they are in water in a bright place, no direct sun. Is there any way they'll survive, any suggestions or tips???
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Jun/12/2011 11:57 AM PST

2 plants are still in the water. The medium sized is in the black plastic pot. I took a few branches from the largest of them and put them into 3 small starter cells since there was too much foliage and it was starting to wilt. It's now looking better, can't say the same for the cuttings, oh well. Any suggestions, should I try something else?

Attachments:

daffodil_lover photos
Posted: Jun/16/2011 7:19 PM PST

If you have any luck, please let me know. I have a wild rose that I want to have more of, but I've never had any luck with rose cuttings.
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Jun/29/2011 1:45 PM PST

Well, finally some roots on one of the plants in the water!!! Only one in the soil seems to be thriving, so there wasn't a good percentage that took. Time will tell if any more are shaping up to survive. Should I keep this one in the water until it has a few more roots, or pot it now?

Attachments:

daffodil_lover photos
Posted: Jul/23/2011 6:28 PM PST

How are your transplants looking now? Any better roots on the water one?
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Jul/24/2011 7:58 AM PST

They aren't looking the best... but they seem to be hanging on. I think it's been the insane heat lately. The one that had roots originally is now in the large pot, doing okay. There seems to be 2 or 3 that will survive.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account