Page 1 of 1[1]

Help! Lemon tree losing leaves!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
willowdancer blog photos
Posted: Jan/04/2011 8:05 PM PST

My lemon tree lost all of its leaves last winter and grew them back in the spring but now the leaves are falling off again. Is this supposed to happen?
bugnut blog photos
Posted: Jan/05/2011 6:48 AM PST

Willowdancer, if your lemon tree is the Meyer Lemon tree, it is supposed to be evergreen. I can't help you with the reason yours is dropping it's leaves.
Maybe some one else can help you.......John
willowdancer blog photos
Posted: Jan/05/2011 1:31 PM PST

thanks for your reply. bugnut!

I can't figure out why its losing its leaves: the only thing I can figure is it isn't getting enough sunlight, so I am going to try to put some grow light on it if I can get some.
R2Ranch blog photos
Posted: Jan/10/2011 8:18 AM PST

Hello, Its my understanding that your lemon tree is inside your house, correct? Another question... Is the tree placed outside when the weather is permitting and the leaves begin to grow back?

I bring in several trees (not lemon) into the house for the winter. They lose amount of leaves and when returned back outside leaves come back and a substantial grow begins.
willowdancer blog photos
Posted: Jan/11/2011 6:25 PM PST

well, I watered the lemon tree and leave the light on as much as I can and it has stopped losing leaves, at least for now.

I do take it back outside when the weather permits and last year the leaves grew back just fine
R2Ranch blog photos
Posted: Jan/12/2011 1:02 PM PST

Great News!!!
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account