Page 1 of 1[1]

My Pond Today

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
bugnut blog photos
Posted: Oct/17/2010 11:07 AM PST

It seems all of our ponders have forgot about the Water Garden forum. It has been pretty inactive.
This is how my little pond looks now , all grown up, and the fish are really growing, and even having babies.
I still love sitting and watching the fish eat and play.
I bought a pond net this year to keep the leaves out...........John

Attachments:

MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Oct/17/2010 5:55 PM PST

I'm sorry John. James has me running so ragged I kind of forgot my own little pond this summer. He is in marching band, concert band, chess club, art club, tae-kwon-do and Boy Scouts. He is also a very popular young man too. He is one of a good bunch of kids that like to do a lot of things as a group and parents that are supportive and willing to supervise/transport etc. I am also the fund rising chair for his scout troop and we are in the midst of our big yearly fund raiser. We are selling Christmas greenery. Wreaths, ropes, mail box covers, mantel covers and door swags. A local Iowa company is making them for us and we are selling most of them for $20.00-$30.00 and the boy gets 50% of each one he sells to use for summer camp and other scouting related expenses. I am also aware that we have some parents that can't or won't take their son out to sell so I took 5 hours Saturday and Sunday this weekend to arrange for volunteer parents (including myself) to divide up the city and take any boy that shows up out to sell. We will also do this again in two weeks. This gives them opportunities they may not otherwise have. The end of the month I arranged with one of our local 50's style dinners to do Troop 98 night and we get %15 of all their proceeds from 4 to 8 pm. All we have to do is advertise it so I have been handling that too. Plus the Pleasant Hill Library does a free Bingo night in December and they are letting us do the concession stand so I am trying to get donations and volunteers for that too. I think it's a good thing I am not working right now. Otherwise I think I would need two of me.

I know we raised a lot of little tadpoles into frogs in our pond this year but that is really because they can do all that with out my care.
witt blog photos
Posted: Oct/19/2010 3:33 AM PST

Wow, John, that looks great! I don't have a water garden, but if I did, I wouldn't get anything done for sitting, listening to the waterfall and watching those gorgeous fish.
sUNBURYCHICK blog photos
Posted: Oct/19/2010 5:42 PM PST

Absolutey beautiful! I can see why you enjoy it so much....
MatthewWilliam
Posted: Oct/22/2010 11:39 PM PST

Hi!
I appreciate yours fabulous attachments. Designing any small waterfall, pond and any other water source for garden demands great care and innovative ideas. Proper water garden landscaping creates a fascinating sight. Really, this creative concept is outstanding.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account