Page 1 of 1[1]

Question

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
bugnut blog photos
Posted: Aug/21/2010 7:22 AM PST

Does anyone have Parrots Feather in their pond, along with large goldfish?
I feed my gold fish quite well, probably too well, but they still eat my Parrots Feather leaves all the way to the stems. Is this normal? Thanks.........John
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Aug/21/2010 6:17 PM PST

Sorry John but I don;t have either. I tried fish a couple of times but they became raccoon feed so I gave up. The parrots Feather is new to me and don't know anything about it. Sorry I can't be any help to you.
MNCat blog photos
Posted: Aug/22/2010 11:54 AM PST

Hrm... I have both goldfish (Comets and Shubunkins, anyway) and Parrot's Feather. I haven't noticed any nibbling, the plant seems fine. They nip at the plants that grow over the edges of the pond but they don't seem to be able to do any damage.
bugnut blog photos
Posted: Sep/18/2010 2:46 AM PST

I think I found my answer yesterday. I have been going to Wal-Mart every two weeks for the past three or four months. Every time I go, Mary is shopping, and I am off on my scooter just looking around, and every time I go, I buy three or four large and pretty gold fish, which adds up to several fish. Well yesterday we were there, and I bought four really pretty gold fish. The same lady always gets them for me, and she asked how big my pond was, because I have been buying a lot of koi. I said no, I have been buying gold fish, she said she has waited on me several times and I have always bought koi, I told her I just thought the price of five to seven dollars was just because they were larger and prettier than the feeder fish.
Any way, I guess I have a pond full of koi, and they do eat the vegetation.......John
yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Sep/18/2010 10:21 AM PST

We live and we learn, it is never too late to teach us old dogs a thing or two is it John. Have fun - and stick a toe in the pond for me.
bugnut blog photos
Posted: Oct/06/2010 4:25 PM PST

These are two of my Blue Koi, they turn almost the same color as the water sometimes, and all you can see is the red heads. I have so many now thI will stop buying, (For now). I have lots of ones that are really marked pretty, and some that are almost solid colors. I really enjoy watching them chase around.....John

Attachments:

Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account