Poll

Glove Poll
What color do you prefer?

14.29%1
What feature do you prefer above all others?

85.71%6
concerns about putting hands in gloves? spiders

0.00%0
Page 1 of 2[12 Last

OPINIONS PLEASE! NEED HELP

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
bpando
Posted: Jun/14/2010 3:28 PM PST

Developing Garden Gloves. Just need three questions answered by as many people as possible. This info is so important to me.
When it comes to Gardening Gloves,
1. What color do you prefer?
2. What feature do you insist on having? (example: gathered cuff, clip, synthetic etc.
3.are you concerned befor putting hands in gloves? (spiders)

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO HELPS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I TRUELY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!
QueenKaty photos
Posted: Jun/18/2010 1:22 PM PST

You may want to set up the choices a little differently for the chart portion. Maybe say do you prefer green gloves? do you prefer blue gloves? I think if anyone checks the first one, it will only indicate that they prefer gloves with some color. (Does that sound as confused as I was when I wrote it?!
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jun/18/2010 2:59 PM PST

Ok - 1. Any color as long as it's bright (lime green, pink, red, bright blue, etc.) so I can find them when I lay them down.
2. I like a water proof palm/fingers and stretchy top
3. No concerns about spiders or bugs during spring/summer, because I use them often. I fold mine in half & put in my 'tool bag'-if I can find where I laid them down! I always shake them before putting my hands in.
Wendell
Posted: Jun/20/2010 3:25 PM PST

One thing to consider is color because men and women think differently and therefore select different colors, patterns etc. In glove design I would prefer closed cuff to prevent dirt from getting into the glove. You might also consider some type of gripping surface rather than a simple cloth surface which will aid in gripping tools. Perhaps a durability material in areas which would have the most wear. Hope this helps.
bookworm blog
Posted: Jul/04/2010 5:32 PM PST

I don't know that color is too important, but a pale color. Cuffs - definately. Breathable - definately; gloves that make my hands sweat are far worse than no gloves. Those little gripper lumps are nice too - they make weeding easier and protect hands from the prickly weeds. Washable is important. Spiders - as I said in the other blog, I use a big plastic jar for storage. Good luck with your venture.
lmballard blog photos
Posted: Mar/28/2011 6:50 AM PST

To me the color of my gloves isn't important though I do like a bright color so I can find them easier when I put them down. I do like a cuff on them and want them durable. I prefer a bit more expensive ones to the cheap cloth ones. If I am going to bother wearing gloves I want them to protect my hands. A lot of the time I just get my hands down in the dirt without worrying about gloves but there are times when I want gloves to protect my hands and then I want them durable.
dkimer photos
Posted: Jan/06/2012 7:06 AM PST

I prefer white. Slip resistant fingers and palms, and somewhat water proof. No concerns about insects.
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Feb/07/2012 9:32 AM PST

The ones I like fit snug and have a rubber coating on the palm side of the glove.
Irewynn photos
Posted: Feb/17/2012 11:20 AM PST

I have a pair of bright orange gardening gloves that I like!! I love the cheery color. The main thing I look for in my gloves is that the thorns from all the various things in my yard that are trying to do me harm can't puncture my gloves and ruin my day. Lastly, I don't worry about anything getting inside my gloves.
TnTom blog photos
Posted: Mar/18/2012 3:16 PM PST

white canvas, leather palms, extra large, 2 pair

I always try to wring them before I stick my hand in them if they have been laying for any time.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account