Page 1 of 1[1]

Looking for...

Member Message
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Jun/14/2010 12:06 PM PST

I am always looking for any good dutch oven recipes for the scouts. Does any one have any good ones to share?
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Jun/15/2010 4:04 PM PST

when we did brazing in class i believe we used a dutch oven as one we sauted the edges of our beef then cooked the rest in the oven to cook thru

it may help you in finding stuff?
lissalanae21 blog photos
Posted: Jul/03/2010 10:13 AM PST

I invented a good one last time we went camping! I chopped a whole onion into the dutch oven first while the pan was just warming up on the fire then i cubed 5 medium baking potatos into the pot and added a splash of water. Then while that got going i sliced a whole kilbasa sausage into the pot and then added a taco seasoning packet to the mix.I stired so all the tatters were coated in the seasoning. Then i covered and allow to cook till taters were soft and susage was cooked. Salt to taste and serve its so delish! Hubby thought i was a genius altho i have made it at home it actually better in the dutch oven as the onions were so sweet and carmalized with out burning!It enough for 6 to eat on. It not low calorie but boy oh boy it good. We call it Camping Taters and Sausage.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account