Page 1 of 1[1]

Do You Have a Picture of a Flower called "The 12 Disciples"?

Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
ladynla blog photos
Posted: May/27/2010 2:29 PM PST

Today was my first time to hear of this flower...it is an old timey Perennial. I am hoping someone has a picture of it. Thanks...reba/La.
RosemarieRo photos
Posted: May/27/2010 3:55 PM PST

I believe you're referring to Passiflora incarnata, Maypop (one of the Passionflowers). Here's a link to one with one version of the story, although the bloom in the pic looks more like my Passiflora 'Incense'.

http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_pla nt=pain6
~remove any spaces you find in the url~

You can Google for more pix-seems there's quite a variety out there on the web.
rmmc24 photos
Posted: Jun/09/2010 9:00 AM PST

I have a friend who grows these irises and calls them the 12 Apostles/Disciples...As for the true name????

Attachments:

RosemarieRo photos
Posted: Jun/09/2010 11:21 AM PST

The plant pictured above, Neomarica gracilis, does go by the common name Apostle Plant, but more often is called Walking Iris.

http://www.radford.edu/dwhite64/plant%20of%20week_ files/Iris.htm
~remove any spaces found in the url~
ladynla blog photos
Posted: Jun/09/2010 3:10 PM PST

I talked with the lady who has this flower. She said this is what her Father called it but it might have another name but she doesn't know. And the blooms are gone now or she would let me see it. Then she say...she just saw one blooming in someones else yard yesterday...so I ride by there and the blooms are gone. But it looks like the plant itself could be a lily...like the Easter Lily maybe...thanks for all your help...reba
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account