FROM INSIDE TO OUTSIDE My Succulents

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
Betts blog photos
Posted: Nov/27/2010 8:33 AM PST

Echeveria is what you have there...they is quite a variety..some flowers are like little bells, others a bit more open..the colors can vary too. I have one that is a lovely creamy color. This one is one of my bell blooms. It's an memorial plant. My aunt bought it for me when my dad passed on and now she is too. Needless to say it's very precious to me.

One way to display them is in a wreath form...they'll lovely! Oh one more thing...the hummers love these flowers..they last a long time.

Attachments:

Lark photos
Posted: Nov/27/2010 11:35 AM PST

Betts, sooooooooooo pretty. Can you post a picture of the plants for each of these flowers?
Betts blog photos
Posted: Nov/27/2010 12:18 PM PST

Golly, thanks Here are the plants and their flowers, same family.

Attachments:

Lark photos
Posted: Nov/27/2010 2:25 PM PST

Thank you for the pics. The first one looks like a succulent that I know as 'cobweb'. Is that what it is? I tried growing it in our zone 4/5. It didn't come back.
Betts blog photos
Posted: Nov/27/2010 2:44 PM PST

Yes, it is a cob web and my first try was not successful...I doted over it too much...I watered it like every 3 weeks and put it in bright light..like most real succulents..they burn in full sun.
Lark photos
Posted: Jan/05/2011 4:20 PM PST

Today was a perfect day in Wisconsin for visiting a local garden center, 19 degrees and a light snow. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I bought a new succulent. A steel blue chalky color. I think it is called Senecio Vitalis 'Blue Chalk'. I planted it in a stainless steel collander. I have been collecting collanders from thrift shops and will be featuring my special succulents in these planters. I will take a picture once it gets bigger. I thank someone here of GG for informing me about google images. I now have it as one of my favorites.
Betts blog photos
Posted: Jan/22/2011 9:32 AM PST

Oh, I like that colander idea, especially with all my dry guys 'n biters.

Does your Senecio look like the one in the middle? I've had this one for a few years...I should divide it and get some more. The flowers are interesting, can't find the picture of it.

Post some of your colander planters, I would love to see them
(-_^)

Attachments:

Lark photos
Posted: Jan/22/2011 10:52 AM PST

Yes Betts, that is it! I do have pictures of the collander on page 2 of this posting. LOL
Lark photos
Posted: Jan/22/2011 10:53 AM PST

Hey Betts, I love your iron work for displaying your plants. Sooooooooooooo pretty. Smiles, Lark
Betts blog photos
Posted: Feb/03/2011 3:02 PM PST

thanks Lark...I got it from Collections Etc when everything was still 14.99. I got so many wonderful garden solar lamps from them.

a question...where did you get the awesome rack for your pencil plant...it sort of looks like an upside down tomato cage, but sturdier. Love your creativity in planters..giving me some ideas (-_^)
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account