Page 1 of 2[12 Last

how do you love to decorate garden?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
SowingSeeds
Posted: Feb/08/2010 9:33 AM PST

There are no doubt plenty of ways to decorate a garden. One may use garden statues, fountains, hoses. Some do it with unique furniture, some with umbrellas.
How do you decorate your garden??
Lets share it here
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Feb/08/2010 3:20 PM PST

I like using an eclectic mix of recycled materials. Large mirrors, old shutters, bowling balls, old metal bed frames etc. I also like using anything galvanized as a planter. I would be happy to get some pics but everything is under 4 foot of snow right now. I will do once the spring thaw comes (probably around July 4th at the rate we are going LOL).
SowingSeeds
Posted: Feb/11/2010 11:45 AM PST

Waoo That sounds beautiful and i would love to see all of it. Lets hope snow melts fast
Lark photos
Posted: Feb/21/2010 6:28 PM PST

I like to use found objects especially metal and glass. I LIKE ALITTLE SPARKLE IN THE GARDEN. Plus it makes people smile when they see what I have recycled.

Attachments:

MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Feb/21/2010 6:45 PM PST

Where do you find all that gorgeous blue glass? I think you could sell some of your art. It is really beautiful.
Lark photos
Posted: Feb/21/2010 6:52 PM PST

MamaBear, I do ALOT of thrift shopping. Sometimes rummage sales, but with rummage sales you have to drive around alot and it is hit or miss. Thrift shops are always getting more stock in. My Mom says that I have AN EYE for making junk into art...it is so much fun.
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Feb/21/2010 8:52 PM PST

OK, I found these of some of the re-treasured items I have used to decorate my garden. Now, keep in mind some where taken after our Christmas blizzard and some where taken after our ice storm so you will have to try and see thru that.

1) an old paper cane caned chair that the caning was shot that I got thru reuseit.com
2) an old mirror I found on the curb on garbage day
3) this will let yo know how deep the snow is, that is a full length mirror. Again rescued from the garbage
4) an old milk can that has a small rusted hole in it so it makes a great planter
5) same mirror as above but with ice on it
6) an old pair of work boots that I made into planters
7) an old mirrored shower door with some old display wire things that my Aunt gave me that she rescued from the garbage at the local mall and these are the backdrop for an old galvanized watering trough that I filled with gravel and dirt as a planter
8)one of my bowling ball gazing balls
9) an old mail box I picked up on spring clean up day
10) an old shutter I got thru reuseit.com that I use as a trellis
11) some old glass beads I acquired from a friend. I took an empty mushroom can and punched little holes around the bottom and spray painted it silver. Then I strung the beads on fishing line. Three small holes in the top with fishing line all brought up to a snap swivel and I hung it from a shepherds hook.

In all this the only money I have invested is in the fishing line and potting soil. Even the spray paint I got thru our local swap shop.

Attachments:

Lark photos
Posted: Feb/22/2010 5:53 AM PST

ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I love how you captured the glazing of ice...great eye. Smiles, Lark
SowingSeeds
Posted: Feb/22/2010 10:38 AM PST

Hey lark and MamaBear
I am speechless. You guys put life to this post as well as helped me thinking in such a broad way. Now i can not wait to jump into my old store and pull out things to decorate my garden.
That was awesome Keep up the good work
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Feb/25/2010 4:28 PM PST

I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped. What great ideas. I've been collecting candle cups for a long time for some unknown reason, but maybe this is something I could do with them. And the bottles are wonderful, too. So many great ideas. Wow.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account