Page 1 of 1[1]

tree/shrub "wish list" for next spring

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
gardendude blog photos
Posted: Dec/21/2009 10:24 AM PST

I don't know about you all, but I've already come down with spring gardening fever! Here's my tree & shrub wish list for what I'd like to add to the garden this coming spring, feel free to share yours!

1. Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Nana Gracilis' (dwarf Hinoki falsecypress) for a privacy screen/hedge along the back fence
2. Viburnum plicatum tomentosum 'Shasta' (Doublefile viburnum) to fill in between some oaks in the backyard
3. Cornus kousa (Kousa dogwood...one of the pink flowering varieties) as a stand-alone specimen in the front yard
4. Osmanthus x fortunei as a privacy hedge along the side fence
5. Two more Fothergilla 'Mt. Airy' because the fall color is incredible
witt blog photos
Posted: Dec/21/2009 11:37 AM PST

What a great list.

I'd like to have a red berry holly of some kind and an English holly, but I have never had success with either.
ga_girl photos
Posted: Dec/21/2009 4:47 PM PST

I started on my wish list this fall and planted a Hawthorn (C. triflora) and a native crabapple (M. angustifolia). The crabapples sure do smell like they are a member of the family Rosaceae!
garden98011 blog photos
Posted: Dec/21/2009 9:46 PM PST

I just did an end of fall walk through and made a wish list for the spring...Unfortunately, I cannot locate where I tucked it away!

Gardendude-you might take a look at Cornus kousa koreanisis ‘Ruby Slippers', I bought two in the late 1990s and love them.
(http://www.wellsnurseries.com/InfoLibrary/PlantDe scriptions/Wells/cornus_kousa_koreanisis_ruby_slip pers.htm)
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account