Bookmark and Share

Page 2 of 2 First 12]

Moonflower Bush ???

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
moonflowerjunkie blog
Posted: Jul/13/2012 5:24 AM PST

Mine look just like that with white flowers. does anyone know if you can trim the moonflower bush? Can they be transplanted once in the ground? I will post a photo of mine so you can see they are almost out of control with the way they are growing and so pretty.

Attachments:

carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jul/13/2012 8:26 AM PST

Yes, they can be trimmed, and they will branch. And yes, you can transplant it. If you are not aware, all parts are poisonous.
moonflowerjunkie blog
Posted: Jul/14/2012 6:05 AM PST

Would you tell me the best way to trim and where on the bush? Also how can you tell when the pod is ready to plant? Mine are green and big right now.
Thank you for your response! Yes I did know that they are poisonous. When can you transplant the bush? Once you trim do you just throw the part trimmed away or can you do something with it? Thank you again !
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jul/16/2012 7:47 AM PST

You can trim it just about anywhere, and it will make new branches. I am in the deep south, so things grow differently here. Yes, you can try to root the cuttings in reg. potting mix or in a glass of water. Here, they take very easily. If you want to move it-be sure you dig up a good bunch of root with it, keep well watered until established. Here is a picture of the seed pod ripening. You want it to get a little drier than this picture, but gives you and idea what to look for
http://cdn-media.gardenguides.com/media/images/000 025/52/63/MzUyMjg2_large.jpg

If the link doesn't work, go to my photos-in the album titled "Garden Stuff", the photo is very near the last of the pictures posted.
Page 2 of 2 First 12]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account