Poll

Are you trying to loss weight and get healthier?
by cutting calories?

12.90%4
exercising?

51.61%16
weight loss program?

9.68%3
keeping up with your success on your own?

6.45%2
with your doctors help?

9.68%3
by using an online help guide?

0.00%0
Keeping a journal of what you eat?

9.68%3
Pairing up with friends

0.00%0
Page 2 of 15 First 1234 Last

Garden Guides Weight Loss Support Group

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
SarahJane blog photos
Posted: Sep/10/2009 2:51 PM PST

KeyWee, You asked What is diet soda....Its aspertame. (spelling?) And that is poison. A friend of mine drank diet pepsi all the time. She was hurting so bad, she was using a cane. A doctor asked her about diet soda and told her to stop. She was very upset because she was literally addicted to it. Anyway, she stopped drinking it and got rid of the cane in 2 weeks! That aspertame is also in sugarless gum and lots of other stuff. Check your labels.
munkinsmom blog photos
Posted: Sep/10/2009 4:38 PM PST

Well hello ladies! I am so glad for this forum. I've been working out for the last 8 months and really making progress. Last month I fell off the wagon, life was piling up and I didn't make the time to exercise. I thought to myself today, I've made all this progress and I am letting it slip away???I think not self! Lots of water that is a huge plus!!
I was thin until Dec.13,2002. I was 24,5 months pregnant and recently married life was good until that day. I had my son, he died, I drank, put on about 20lbs. Doc said if you wanna have more kids you gotta change what your doing. I didn't loose that 20lbs but I did get pregnant again a year later. I gained 20lbs with my daughter, new motherhood overwhelmed me and I ate everything in sight to cope. One day I was cleaning out my closet and found all my "skinny" clothes and decided it was time to do something. Off and I had been working out loosing and gaining. Then last January I went to a funneral and I saw myself naked in the motel mirror. OOOH those things are meaner than the mirrors at home. So I decided to make a change. So this is what I've done. I only allow myself to drink one soda a week and most of the time I don't cause it tastes nasty now. I don't eat "diet" food but I make healthier choices, plain nuts not chocolate covered ones etc. I went and bought an outfit that was 3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing. I can get into them now...but I want them to be a bit looser. So I have to keep pushing. Its been good motivation because everytime I open the closet there it is staring me in the face and now that I can get into it, I get excited cause I know I've almost reached one goal.Yahooo!
I started off running in place 3mins 1min break (you need to get your cardio in in order to burn fat espeacially belly fat...which I suffer from) then I did 20 Mtn Climbers x3, jummping jacks-until I couldn't do any more I would do that every other day. Then as I started loosing the weight I could do more, longer and have since stepped up my routine. I still run (in the house I feel a little to jiggley to let the world see me just yet...lol. My belly muscles are getting tighter but not tight enough for me to run in public) I take my hubby, daughter and dog on walks just about every other day so some days I get exercise in twice, which is still good. I've found I don't have heart burn any more,don't feel drained playing with my daughter for an hour and over all I feel better about me. Wieght really takes a toll on the enter you, and I didn't really realize it until recently. Ok so enough of my rambling. Good luck to all of us we can do it! For ourselves, for better health,and with any luck we'll inspire somebody else!! Take care and God Bless!
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Sep/10/2009 5:20 PM PST

What an inspiration you are! WE CAN DO IT!
fairygarden blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 6:28 AM PST

This is one of the best threads ever! Last night I wanted pizza. So instead of going to Pizza Hut, we made a lower fat/calorie version at home. It was delish and satisfied my craving. We gotta lose this weight--ONE CALORIE AT THE TIME!!
munkinsmom blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 6:56 AM PST

GREAT JOB FG...Small steps are huge steps in getting healthy!! Keep up the great work. Have a great day everybody. -Trinity-
bensmom98 blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 7:38 AM PST

You gals sure are an inspiration! I am starting WW online this weekend. Can I join you?
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 8:11 AM PST

The more the merrier!

I am getting so many neat little tips and inspirations from reading all your stories. It really helps to put your head together with someone else for back up, cheering on, and maybe even occasional whining.
fairygarden blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 9:32 AM PST

-2.5 this week!!!!
yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 10:22 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by fairygarden
-2.5 this week!!!!

Yea! Fairy Garden. This is so great, I never knew it would become such a help to us all.

Of course it is mealtime again so I am off for a good, healthy meal.
yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Sep/11/2009 10:25 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by fairygarden
Another day, another 30 minute walk. Gals, I have to walk INSIDE my house. I make a big loop around the den, hall, living room, dining and kitchen. I turn my favorite music up loud and sing and walk. I am afraid to walk outside because it's so hot and I get tired. What if I wear out away from home and cant make it back?? I will try it when it's cooler.

My DIL's sister has lost 20 pounds just by watching what she eats and she walks and excercises inside the house. So inside or Outside or at the mall, walking does work.
Page 2 of 15 First 1234 Last
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account