Garden stuff

Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
cougar blog photos
Posted: Sep/25/2009 4:28 PM PST

I am so jealous of carolyn right now I got goosebumps.. j/k I am so thrilled for you and the great deal you got!
poetic, when I get through with carolyn & yardsaling I will boogie my way up towards Ohio.
When I lived in the country a while ago and grew up in the country as well, I distinctly remember an elder saying to me the same thing. He sat on his rocker , rocking back and forth and said hey kid come here, so I step up on his broken porch. He said your pretty good at that. I just got through painting his lovely wifes old bathtub which was in the yard. I painted Sunflowers all around it and she had sunflowers planted in it, they were just coming up through the soil. After I was done with that I got to paint the General Store up the street. I painted a gallon of milk, a coke can and a gas pump. I want to thank you poetic for bringing back a nice memory for me. Just one more thing, the General Store is still there but it now has aluminum siding on it and the painting is gone.
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Sep/25/2009 6:58 PM PST

Cougar, some places will pay big money for you to paint something in the way of their product on their building. Here in Lake Charles, downtown Murals on walls are all over showing cypress swamps, and cajun dances,BBQ's, etc. All it takes is for you to do ONE building-AND you're in! Hang on! I'll be your agent! Joking aside, that might be something you ought to check into.
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Oct/10/2009 12:38 PM PST

I've got a cast iron bathtub in my barn, too! I don't know what I'm doing with it yet though.

I think you'd have a good market. You do nice work.

Speaking of neat things in Ohio these are pretty cool wooden feats. They're not far from Lake Erie. http://worldslargesthorseandbuggy.com/photos and http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3967
There's a privately owned big red barn that's being repainted with a showman with a sunshine for a head and kneeling on one knee. He's holding a dancing cane in the air. I'm so glad the owner is restoring it.
Posted: Nov/08/2009 4:33 PM PST

Ok-I found another beauty at a Garage Sale-Don't know what I'm going to do with it-but I had to have it!

Attachments:

witt blog photos
Posted: Nov/09/2009 2:29 AM PST

Oh, how cute. You can always find the most interesting garden pieces.
cougar blog photos
Posted: Nov/17/2009 5:33 PM PST

I know what I'd do with it!
I offered my neighbor to paint his statues that are in desperate need of a touch-up and you know what he said...those are my dead wifes. I was speechless.
I did tell him I was sorry, I wasn't trying to offend him and he said that's ok I am just gonna let them sit there and rot.
Posted: Nov/18/2009 6:31 AM PST

OMG!! How long has she been dead? I wonder if he didn't care too much for them? Girl-grab your paint brush and come on over! I've got lots to paint!
WindChimesGarden
Posted: Apr/26/2010 12:04 PM PST

Great ideas for decorating your garden or patio, I am especially enjoying the rain chain I added last season. Rain chains are an alternative to the traditional downspout; these links or cups visibly guide rainwater from the roof to the ground creating gentle relaxing sounds allowing you to both see and hear the rain fall from your house. It's a great way to both add beauty charm to your home.

Attachments:

sUNBURYCHICK blog photos
Posted: Jun/13/2010 5:00 PM PST

The kids got this sign for me a few years ago for Mother's Day. I love garden decor.Actually, any garden junk will do.I'm always on the look-out....

Attachments:

witt blog photos
Posted: Jun/14/2010 6:05 AM PST

Love the garden sign.

The garden "junk" looks great, too!
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account