Garden stuff

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Sep/10/2009 10:54 AM PST

The Bluebird glider! You can't see it, but on the post that the ladder is leaning against behind it has a bluebird house attached to it! Key Wee-I would LOVE to come shopping at your place!
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Sep/12/2009 7:08 AM PST

Wow! Great pieces! I want to see the glider when it's done, too.

Okay, the springs have me intrigued. When I got rid of son's dilapated box springs I took as many out as I could and salvaged some of the wooden slats from the underside. --and hid them from my husband! haha I've got an idea for a yard ornament chicken using them for the tailfeathers, but life's gotten in the way of creativity so it's still in the drawing on paper stage. I hadn't thought of using them for hangers. Could you post some pictures of how they look for some of the things you've done with them?
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Sep/12/2009 9:05 AM PST

Yup, Poe ~ I had to hide that baby crib mattress out in the shed too. Now he just doesn't ask .....

I tried to get a picture using a spring for a windchime hanger. It's not a very good one, but you get the idea.

Attachments:

MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Sep/12/2009 7:23 PM PST

WOW. All great ideas.

I have one of those "I know it's worth something somehow" piles too. We need to have a huge valuable finds swap meet. You can have my springs if i can have your old windows etc. kind of things.
Posted: Sep/23/2009 6:28 PM PST

The glider is painted! Actually, I wanted it a little less "blue", but I like this. I need to seal the whole thing, now. I sprayed the feet and the lower frame section that is closest to the ground with "pruning spray". It is a tar/oil base spray that will seal out the moisture. It is so humid here and rains so often, I wanted to protect the bottom as best I could. Read the uses on a can of pruning spray and you'll be surprised what you can seal & waterproof with it! The orange behind the glider is the handle of my lawnmower! I also have a picture of part of the patio set I got at a STEAL at a garage sale! I have 4 nice, big chairs to go with it, but they will have to be covered (easy enough to make 'sack' style covers for them!), and the umbrella will need to be replaced-but this is a WOW set! Now I need for Cougar to come over and paint a BIG YELLOW DAISY on the backrest of the glider!

Attachments:

cougar blog photos
Posted: Sep/24/2009 6:58 AM PST

I'm on my way carolyn!!
What yard sales do you go to? That's it! I am going to fill up my truck with petro and take off. Im gonna paint and then were going to yard sales LOL
Posted: Sep/24/2009 7:17 AM PST

I really stumbled on a good one with that patio set-and that's not all of it! She had a matching set with a love seat, and 2 rockers AND a glass coffee table that matched this set, along with 3 plant stands. Bought it,too-and it's going to Petey's house! Both sets-$100.00, but this is a $600.00 set!
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Sep/24/2009 11:26 AM PST

That is a great deal. I love your model showing off the table. LOL
Posted: Sep/24/2009 12:02 PM PST

Yes, Motley has claimed that table and chair as hers! We will be in Major patio transformation this weekend-IF it doesn't rain!
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Sep/24/2009 5:07 PM PST

I rescued a smaller glass top from the neighbor's trash to use glass paint on and add hangers, but I still haven't done it yet.

Thanks for the spring idea! Mine aren't quite that long even stretched out, but I still might be able to make short ones.

cougar, you need to become an itinerant painter like they had 100 years ago. When you're done with the chair you can do a design on my barn. lol
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account