Page 1 of 2[12 Last

salsbury steak and meatloaf--help peas?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Jul/31/2009 12:50 PM PST

ok so i wanna do healthy meatloaf and healthy salsbury steaks any suggestions?

meatloaf i dont know bout the sauce traditional meat is beef and pork i think im dooin beef an chix --think its what we agreed to taste best-- and likely to add lil beef gravy or something --maby that was with chix an turkey ideal?

then fer salsbury steals i was thinkin beef mushrooms lil bread crumbs in food processor till well mixed an shrooms unseen cook in skillet till "done" an add some gravy or drain off the grease an make gravy somehow

i dont know amounts fer eighter of these what you see is whats in my mind im lookin amounts/suggestions/whatever
fairygarden blog photos
Posted: Jul/31/2009 7:51 PM PST

Here is my favorite- I use plain hamburger meat but any mix of ground meat would work.
Mix your ground meat with a can of Cambells Vegatable Beef soup, add an egg and bake til done. Simple yet delicious. I like to cover it with ketchup right before it is done. Goes good with mashed potatoes.
biyu
Posted: Aug/01/2009 7:05 PM PST

Hmm no ketshup err that stuff hfcs not good but I'll see how can vary to healthyier
skellogg blog photos
Posted: Aug/02/2009 9:19 PM PST

Since I don't particularly like ketchup, I usually cover mine with gravy. Works good with the mashed taters that way too. I usually put chopped onions and garlic in mine as well, but we really like garlic and onions, so that would be optional. With ground chicken or turkey I would add a little sage, too. And maybe a can of cream of mushroom soup. And then top with chicken gravy or turkey gravy. OH! New idea! With ground pork could use a sausage gravy on the top! I usually don't cook with any recipes, though, and just throw stuff together and hope for the best. Just a warning, so you might not want to try it my way! LOL!
Tammy67
Posted: Aug/02/2009 9:59 PM PST

You guys are sure making my mouth water, tonight!!!! Looking at this I guess I am going to make me some meatloaf, or salsbury steak this week!!!! Tammy
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Aug/03/2009 12:09 AM PST

thats how i wanna get to cookin if you saw the fajites thread i have amounts fer some things rest are approximations an its workin so far

oh? trick to sloppy joes? 1 can manwitch 1 onion and 3/4ths pound meat or approx cook meat an onion same time its perfect every time--my mom likes extra saucy i lioke lil sucy it comes like whats shown on pictures fer it
mitzilou-2 blog photos
Posted: Aug/08/2009 6:55 PM PST

I haven't really gotten into the recipie forum section before, but man, did I get hungry ! With the sloppy joes do you ever saute a little green pepper in with the onion ?
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Aug/08/2009 11:49 PM PST

not usially prolly could tho ill bet thatd be nummers
mitzilou-2 blog photos
Posted: Aug/09/2009 12:36 AM PST

Yes---it is nummers !
txrose blog photos
Posted: Aug/11/2009 4:55 PM PST

Some ketchups don't have hfcs look before you buy.
On top of meatloaf spread approx. 1 cup ketchup mixed with brown sugar my boys always like that.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account