Page 1 of 1[1]

SNOW FOUNTAIN WEEPING CHERRY PROBLEM

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
gardenergranny
Posted: Jul/25/2009 10:57 AM PST

THIS IS THE SECOND YEAR FOR MY SNOW FOUNTAIN WEEPING CHERRY AND THIS YEAR ITS LEAVES ARE CURLING AND TURNING RED---NOT FALLING OFF BUT IT LOOKS TERRIBLE--CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT TO GIVE IT OR WHAT TO DO.
A_Bunny_Bistro photos
Posted: Aug/30/2009 11:28 AM PST

I have this tree also. It's been in the ground for 4 years. I have the same issue with my tree. I can only tell you, my tree has looked better every year. I live in zone 7... some of the leave are turning red and brown right now. Earlier in the spring and early summer the tree was beautiful. I fertilize my tree in the spring... it has been getting new limbs and is getting larger around the trunk. My tree is planted in clay soil. Maybe its just the price of being so beautiful early in the season? lol If you only notice this later in the year, maybe its normal. Wish I could be more help... I just noticed we have something in common
Papa2mykids
Posted: Sep/10/2009 5:51 PM PST

Do you guys keep your trees watered?

It almost sounds like they are stressed, curling leaves, changing colors early.

If you need to water, water slow and deep.

Ron
www.gardening-for-wildlife.com
fancyfronds
Posted: Sep/10/2009 8:20 PM PST

Cherry trees are prone to leaf curl, leaf spot etc...there is an offical name but I can't remember it. In the fall when it loses its foliage rake up all the dropped foliage, and then you need to look into doing a dormat spray...not sure where you are located but check with your local nursery when and how often.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account