Page 1 of 1[1]

Get Wild Strawberries out of my lawn!

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
bussete1 blog photos
Posted: Jun/22/2009 3:38 PM PST

We have wild strawberries taking over our lawn. I wouldn't care if they weren't tasteless. Is there any kind of fertilizer/weed controller that would work without destroying the lawn?
bussete1 blog photos
Posted: Jun/23/2009 6:59 AM PST

21 views and no answers. I guess I'll just have to tough it out.
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jun/23/2009 2:57 PM PST

I don't know what time of year you should fertilize your lawn where you are, but when it is "fertilziing" time, Scott's makes several different types of weed n feed -some that selectively kills certain weeds. Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc. carry these types of fertilizers.
TeskePetAndGarden
Posted: Aug/23/2009 6:57 AM PST

I imagine you have solved your problem by now. If not, here goes. Liquid weed killers are far more effective, ecomonical and environmentally friendly than granular weed and feed. Spring is the best time to kill weeds when they are young and actively growing. But, they can be killed at other times. Do not use weed killers in very hot weather. The chemical may vaporize and drift to desirable plants. Take care with application as any broadleaf weed killer will also kill flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs it comes in contact with. Don't spray on a windy day. Water the day before. Use Spreader Sticker with your weed killer. Don't let it rain for 24 hrs. after application. Water the next day. Don't try to seed for 3 weeks after using a weed killer. All that being said, get a pump up sprayer, Fertilome Weed Free Zone and Spreader Sticker. Use it this fall. Apply Winterizer Fertilizer in October. You should be clean and green in the spring. Good Luck. Gemma
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account