Page 1 of 1[1]

Weather... weather or not.

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
desiree
Posted: May/27/2009 1:44 PM PST

How's the weather doing in your region? Here in Mn.,in my area, it's been DRY ! Had a shower the other night, but still have to water a lot. We are seeing lettuce & spinach now, though. Should have radishes soon, if I've thinned them enough. We have a sprinkler system set up so we can use well water rather than city water;less expensive for sure !

We like to share veggies with our sons & an elderly neighbor.Also, I freeze all I can.And eat salads everyday!

Wherever you live..Happy Gardening !
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: May/27/2009 1:55 PM PST

It's over 85 right now and we have had over 13" of rain this month. It's hard to even get out into the garden without waders. Most people around here are really late getting their veggie gardens in as it was too wet to get out and do. This is unusual for us ~ after just a few inches of rain in May, we normally get next to nothing the rest of the summer. I suppose we have that to look forward to yet.
Wherever you go, there you are ............
fairygarden blog photos
Posted: May/27/2009 1:59 PM PST

Dont know about anywhere else, but in my yard is it HUMID. The temps are in the mid 80s I guess. We've had some good rains and my plants are happy.
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: May/27/2009 2:07 PM PST

Wish I could ship you some water, Desiree. We are floating away here in Iowa. I would love to see some sun.
luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/27/2009 3:30 PM PST

Plenty of rain here in "sunny" Florida . We've had rain here for the past eight or nine straight days (can't keep count anymore). The good part is that the sun has been shining a little the past two days in the morning and early afternoon. I'm so afraid I'm going to lose my plants to root rot...UGH! You send me the "dry" for a couple weeks and I'll send you the rain
RiverRock blog photos
Posted: May/27/2009 3:41 PM PST

It is hot here today..in the mid 80s. I made a new lily bed out front on the sid of my house that has my beroom windows What a great way to wake up in the morning looking out the window at lilies I plant to put a bag of mulch down tomorrow .

RR
Mountain-Sprite blog photos
Posted: May/30/2009 1:31 PM PST

(elev 6000 ft) ~ 65* and thunder clouds, no rain yet. We haven’t had any moisture since Easter weekend when it snowed about 2-inches. It’s usually pretty dry up here. Our rainy season is in September when the monsoons hit the Gulf of Mexico. I have to use soaker hoses from May through November. I just planted some squash that my neighbor gave me after separating his out of his garden.We'll see what happens.

Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans. ~Marcelene Cox
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account