Page 1 of 3[123 Last

How long before my Hollyhock blooms

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 4:01 AM PST

I planted some hollyhock last year from seeds and they have grown very nicely (well, one of the four plants is ALOT larger than the others). They have had what appears to be the start of lots of blooms on them for what seems likes weeks now, but have yet to open up. I've never grown them before so I'm not familiar with them at all, but I am very anxious to see what they look like Can someone tell me how long before the blooms open up so I can see them?
karslinky blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 4:12 AM PST

My first hollyhock bloomed last year and as I recall the blooms were there for at least a week before they started blooming. They won't typically all bloom at once, either. I am waiting to see if I got some volunteers from last years' seeds - so far nothing, but I don't know what the seedlings will look like. Anyone got pictures??

Attachments:

luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 4:25 AM PST

Wow, they look just gorgeous! Now I'm really going to be impatient about the blooms, I don't even remember what color they are. I didn't take pics of mine when they were coming up last year. Thank you for the info and I'll have to post my pics once mine blooms (I sure hope they look as wonderful as yours )
luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 4:40 AM PST

I found a picture of my hollyhock from last year when they were still small. They are behind the yarrow fern (which just seems to try to take over) Hope this helps.

Attachments:

karslinky blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 4:36 PM PST

Between looking at my picture and yours I just reminded myself of what the leaves look like so I can recognize the seedlings!!
fairygarden blog photos
Posted: May/09/2009 6:09 PM PST

Whoo-hooo...a couple of mine are budding out. Cant wait to see what color they are. Kar, yours is gorgeous!!!!!!!!
witt blog photos
Posted: May/10/2009 6:28 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by fairygarden
Whoo-hooo...a couple of mine are budding out. Cant wait to see what color they are. Kar, yours is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

I've never tried them, but those are gorgeous!!!!!!!
luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/20/2009 8:15 PM PST

Well, I don't think my hollyhock is quite as beautiful as yours (yours just looks so much fuller with the blooms), but I am VERY pleased my is starting to bloom (now if all this rain doesn't kill it )

Attachments:

fairygarden blog photos
Posted: May/26/2009 4:59 PM PST

My first to bloom this year. The color is kinda cherry-cola-ish. Luvflowers, do save some seeds from yours. It is wonderful.

Attachments:

luvflowers blog photos
Posted: May/27/2009 2:41 PM PST

I love the color of yours too Save me some of yours and we will swap. I also have another one that is red. Oops...I meant to show you the pictures. Below is an "update" on my pink hollyhock's blooms and the "red" one (kind of dark pink, I guess). You are more than welcome to seeds. I also have two others, but they haven't bloomed yet

Attachments:

Page 1 of 3[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account