Page 1 of 2[12 Last

Dangers of Lime in Garden

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
sportspalcol
Posted: Apr/17/2009 7:32 PM PST

I heard that you should put lime in your garden in the fall, has anyone ever put lime in their garden in the spring? Also, what are the negative effects of lime in your garden?

I want to lower the ph in my garden and I dont know what other way besides lime.
Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
GuiltTrip blog photos
Posted: Apr/18/2009 3:24 AM PST

Im a building contractor so I have access to lot's of old drywall. I just tiller it in. You need to take a soil test first, If acid, line will sweeten the soil faster than Dolomite (lime stone) but they (who's? they)say that Dolomite last longer. Remember Test is always Best, when dealing with your garden and pocket book, Later Guilt Trip
cloggingrandma photos
Posted: May/23/2009 2:10 PM PST

Just a thought Guilt Trip, but doesn't old drywall have asbestos in it also?
witt blog photos
Posted: May/24/2009 2:00 AM PST

I use the pelletized lime. It's not so messy.

I wouldn't think that any of the dry wall nowadays would have asbestos. They haven't used that in many, many years. When they do have it in very old buildings, they have to disposed of it with safety precautions. I don't think that GT would have access to any of that.
told2b blog photos
Posted: May/24/2009 11:42 PM PST

The Chinese drywall disaster in Florida is about to become a national disaster. According to the group, Americas Watchdog, "the Chinese drywall used in US new home construction from 2003 to 2007 is about to become a biblical type disaster, for US homeowners unfortunate enough to have this building product in their new home, or condominium. If it's toxic enough to corrode AC coils and electrical wiring, what is it doing to the people who live in the homes, or condominiums?"
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: May/25/2009 6:45 AM PST

One more reason to be cautious of "Made in China" products. BESIDES currently being sold to them, their products are slowly killing us.
GuiltTrip blog photos
Posted: May/26/2009 11:01 AM PST

Most of the Bad Drywall was shipped to the Big Boys, they but direct from China, we local boys have to buy the American Stuff "Poor Us" . we don't get to pocket that savings, Who's saving now ?, Buy "American Made", in the long run it safer,"Fact" that being said with No upper cut here, or right to the jaw,wow we the small guys ducted that one, and watching the big boys for the knock out blow that surely will come , OH! Omama! save some bailout money for the wall street contractors, and other greedy "outsourcing, oversea buying greedy scum sucking rats". Remember you better get what you need now, election were going to clean House, God Bless America We can still Vote, even if mistakes were made, later Guilt Trip
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: May/26/2009 11:09 AM PST

We'll probably get deleted, but I 'm reading between the lines, here, GT. Better buy some ammo, too, if you can find it!
alisa228
Posted: Apr/15/2011 9:31 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by GuiltTrip
Most of the Bad Drywall was shipped to the Big Boys, they but direct from China, we local boys have to buy the American Stuff "Poor Us" . we don't get to pocket that savings, Who's saving now ?, Buy "American Made", in the long run it safer,"Fact" that being said with No upper cut here, or right to the jaw,wow we the small guys ducted that one, and watching the big boys for the knock out blow that surely will come , OH! Omama! save some bailout money for the wall street contractors, and other greedy "outsourcing, oversea buying greedy scum sucking rats". Remember you better get what you need now, election were going to clean House, God Bless America We can still Vote, even if mistakes were made, later Guilt Trip
paint-zoom-reviews
Posted: Oct/21/2011 11:59 AM PST

There are so many answers to this question and the answers you got are so general.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account