Bookmark and Share

Page 1 of 1[1]

Help my grass won't grow

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
REDPIT
Posted: Mar/30/2009 4:44 PM PST

Help, we have been trying to have a nice lawn, but it just keeps dying year after year. Last year we raked it and layed lime down, it came in great, but this year it's dead and sooo many bare ugly spots. Over the winter we did take a pine tree down that was in the middle of the yard, so it gets good sun. We're at our wits end, thought about getting sod, but I'm afraid that will die as well. PLEASE HELP US!!! I am tired of the mud.
TeskePetAndGarden
Posted: Aug/23/2009 8:32 AM PST

I'm not even sure where to start with you. There could be so many things. I would not apply lime until I had a soil test done. Your local County Extension Service or an independant garden center may help you with this or you could get a do it yourself soil test kit. Check your soil pH before making changes and go slow if change is called for. Your lawn may not have come back well if you did not have quality grass seed. You may have had a lot of annual grass in your mix. Not your fault if it didn't come back. It's not supposed to. Not a fan of annual grass seed. Did you use a winterizer fertilizer? This is the most important feeding of the year. Makes a huge differance in the spring. Do not apply sod to shade areas. Sod is made of sunny grasses and is grown in the sun. It will fail in shade. Be sure to use the right grass mix for your conditions. If you seed or sod, first apply Natural Guard Soil Conditioner or a layer of Compost. Feed your lawn four times a year. Leave the mower set high in summer, shorten in fall. Water an inch a week during growing season if you have no rain. I don't know if I've helped. Have I given you any ideas where things may have gone wrong? Look into a local garden center. Many have free lawn care classes that will give you a good start on the basics. Thanks, Gemma
SowingSeeds
Posted: Jan/23/2010 7:02 AM PST

Hey don't worry what i brought for you is just awesome. Order your green grass seeds for the lawn and follow the site :
http://www.viraleruption.com/growing-grass-seeds.h tml

I can assure you that if you follow tips given there you will not be disappointed at the end of season
This site has some cool graphics showing you some super tips for getting green grass

That will lush your garden
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account