Page 1 of 1[1]

The rape flower

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
XiaoYu blog photos
Posted: Mar/17/2009 6:38 AM PST

I don't know whether you have seen the rape flower before. Here in China, it is very famous since I can see a lot of topics or pictures about rape flowers. It is very beautiful when the area covered by rape flowers is big. The seeds of them are used to produce oil, so it's very common to see a large field is planted with rape.
The other day, I took some pictures of the horsebean. It has been sunny for several days, therefore, the horsebean has much more flowers. It looks so beautiful, so I took more pictures of it today. As you can see, there are two kinds of horsebean flowers with differenct colors, one is white and the other is light purple.
I also took two kinds of Yulan flowers, which are very big though with little fragrant. The white one is so high, that I can't take a close photo.
As for the dog, it belongs to the factory. We always play with him, however, he seems to be very cautious that we can't catch him.
The spring is coming, I love it so much.

Attachments:

XiaoYu blog photos
Posted: Mar/17/2009 6:44 AM PST

There are more pictures.

Attachments:

XiaoYu blog photos
Posted: Mar/17/2009 6:47 AM PST

The Yulan flower.

Attachments:

XiaoYu blog photos
Posted: Mar/17/2009 6:51 AM PST

The dog.

Attachments:

cougar blog photos
Posted: Mar/18/2009 6:27 AM PST

*Scratches head* on the name (rape flower). It kinda looks like a tall phlox and the yulan flower looks like a magnolia. We are in different countries I know. They are beautiful without a doubt. Nice pictures. That name (rape flower) will stick in my head now.
aimee blog photos
Posted: Mar/18/2009 5:08 PM PST

The rape flower looks like some type of mustard. We have it here too, you've heard of rape-seed oil, right?

The blooming dog is lovely!
Rashell blog photos
Posted: Mar/28/2009 10:01 PM PST

"blooming dog"! lol ...is so cute.

Awesome shots XiaoYu!
simplysouthern photos
Posted: Apr/05/2009 7:33 PM PST

you pics are lovely.The rape flowers look a lot like my wild turnip plants here in alabama that are blooming now(tasty too!) with plenty of bee pollination as well.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account