Page 1 of 1[1]

Redish purple plant with 3 leaves....

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
chamzilla photos
Posted: Mar/01/2009 10:03 AM PST

Hi there,

OK here is the plant I have no clue on and of course no picture available as it is just starting to regrow.

It looks like some sort of 3 leaf clover. But it is reddish purple. We keep it inside, it came in a planter. I have been to flower nurseries hoping to see something similar and no luck. It is on single thin stems, the whole leaves when they are open are around 4" around to 2" and the odd time 6". It does grow flowers... not very often. They grow as well on single skinny stems and are a pale pale white purplish color. Only about the size of an eraser.

I looked up different types of clover and the leaves are similar but more broad on the outter edges. I will post a photo when I can IF the plant grows again. Its growth has almost ceased since the middle of Feb. and I want to replant it and re pot it, but I don't want to tear it out if I don't know how to properly replant it.

Hope to get some help on this

Chamzilla
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Mar/01/2009 10:46 AM PST

Sounds like an oxalis. Try googling that for pictures.
chamzilla photos
Posted: Mar/01/2009 12:08 PM PST

YES! Thats it! I shamrock! AWSOME.... by the time I got a reply to this... my dad decided to take the repotting into his own hands.... lol. Well we will see if it works or not! Hopefully it will. I did offer it a bit of fertalizer... since it has been pretty dorment for the last month at least.

THANKS For your help! and quick help!
chamzilla photos
Posted: Mar/25/2009 11:06 AM PST

hi

This was my mystery plant Now doing well as you can see

Thanks for the help!!

Attachments:

yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Mar/27/2009 10:59 AM PST

Can't hurt this plant and it will really spread if planted the the garden. I love it and have some outdoors but it is in a pot.
dstevens
Posted: May/25/2009 5:07 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by chamzilla
hi

This was my mystery plant Now doing well as you can see

Thanks for the help!!
spoiledbratvic
Posted: Nov/04/2011 1:00 PM PST

I have a plant real similar to that it have black around the border searching for the name of it
RosemarieRo photos
Posted: Nov/04/2011 4:52 PM PST

spoiledbratvic, you can find it with either Oxalis regnellii 'Triangularis' or 'Atropurpurea'

remove any spaces found in url, in order for it to work:
http://plantlust.com/plants/oxalis-regnellii-trian gularis/
rockybane blog photos
Posted: Nov/08/2011 8:03 AM PST

I also just got a pot of this from my daughter's friend who moved into a place and didn't want it. It was already growing there and it was warm weather. I have kept mine indoors and will until next spring, but do you know if it will overwinter outside in zone 6? I don't have room for a lot of houseplants.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account