Page 1 of 1[1]

beans stopped producing.

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
tigerseye412 blog photos
Posted: Feb/12/2009 7:55 PM PST

can anyone tell me why my green beans have stopped producing, the plants are very healthy looking and over the weeks have daily given me lots of beans but suddnly they have stopped producing, is it the end of the cycle, they are meant to just keep growing more beans, makes no sense to me/ they are pole beans the long yellowish looking ones,
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Feb/13/2009 6:44 PM PST

Yes, they will stop producing, and go into a slower stage-if conditions are right, you may get another spurt. But if they've been producing for 3-5 weeks, they may be at the end of their production.
witt blog photos
Posted: Feb/14/2009 2:49 AM PST

If you want to keep a crop continually producing, you have to do successive gardening. Or is that called consecutive gardening? Anyway, you plant your crop and a few weeks later, plant some more and a few weeks later plant some more. That way when the first crop is done, the next crop is about ready.
tigerseye412 blog photos
Posted: Feb/14/2009 5:06 AM PST

thank you, i have been doing that, the first crop have now stopped giving beans the plants still look very healthy do i pull them out and plant another lot even though the plants still look healthy,
witt blog photos
Posted: Feb/15/2009 4:43 AM PST

If they are done, they are done. Ideally, you should have rows in different stages of growth so that you would never be without the beans during a growing season.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account