Page 1 of 1[1]

how do i make my parsley grow without getting moldy? :P

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
lilmissgreenthumb blog photos
Posted: Feb/11/2009 9:47 PM PST

what do u do to get parsley to sprout? my seeds just sit on top of the chia growing sponge and get moldy...
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Feb/11/2009 10:07 PM PST

hmm could they be bad seeds? outherwise do the directions say anythin bout coverin? or you try? im not shure bout it really

*too lazy ta pull out my chia herb seed pac stuffs*
witt blog photos
Posted: Feb/12/2009 7:57 AM PST

To speed the germination of the parsley seeds, soak them in warm water for 24 hours. Parsley has a pretty long taproot, so I don't know what it will do on a chia "sponge." Maybe it needs soil.
Growing parsley from seed can take up to 8 weeks before the seedling is ready to be planted out.
lilmissgreenthumb blog photos
Posted: Feb/12/2009 9:52 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by witt
To speed the germination of the parsley seeds, soak them in warm water for 24 hours. Parsley has a pretty long taproot, so I don't know what it will do on a chia "sponge." Maybe it needs soil.
Growing parsley from seed can take up to 8 weeks before the seedling is ready to be planted out.

"maybe it needs soil" - i was thinking that might be the case, cuz then i could cover them with a little soil instead of plastic, like the directions say. they might breathe easier and the mold would have less of a chance to survive. what kind of soil do they need? i have a little potting soil...
I havent' done much research on parsley, but one person said they don't work well in a pot, i'm guessing cuz of the long taproot. so u know anything about that? or how big of a pot i should put it in if i wanted to try it indoors?
thanx!
witt blog photos
Posted: Feb/12/2009 2:51 PM PST

Well, as I said, they have a long taproot, so a deep pot would do. Any kind of potting soil would work. I just plant mine directly in the yard. They don't much like being transplanted unless they are small.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account