• All
  • Articles
  • Videos
  • Plants
Bookmark and Share

Page 1 of 1[1]

Blooms In winter, Dies In Summer And Roots Grow Up?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
msantique photos
Posted: Dec/30/2008 6:27 PM PST

Hi everyone, A friend who loves to garden and knows I do too emailed me for help with a quiz of some sort. It's apparently a question in a magazine and her Father In Law said she wouldn't be able to find out the answer before he gets his next issue in January. I tried doing some searches and didn't do too well. My husband said orchids and I did find some things that were similar with them and also Bromeliads (probably spelled wrong). Anyway the question is - Do you know what blooms in the winter, dies in the summer, and its roots grow up? It would sure be great for her to get the answer to him before his magazine arrives - this is all in good fun with them. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Dec/30/2008 7:16 PM PST

I found two plants that the roots grow up. Mangroves and crypt flowers. I can't find definitely when their blooming times are though.
Rashell blog photos
Posted: Dec/31/2008 12:17 AM PST

swamp plants? I read a certain plant's root grows up and out of the water so it can get air (?) only I dont remember which plant and when it blooms.

Also I saw a ghost orchid growing on a tree... I didn't read much about it sorry.

Hey this is fun!
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Dec/31/2008 4:39 AM PST

http://www.tolkientrail.com/riddles.shtml

That is an old riddle. Lol. The answer is at the link towards the bottom of the page. The answers are hidden so you have to highlight the page to see the answers. (control/a)
msantique photos
Posted: Dec/31/2008 10:55 AM PST

I thank all of you for the great responses - and yes, it was kind of fun but also a tough one. I couldn't find anything. Evonne, however did you come across this? It's worded just the same as she said so it must be the right answer! I'm sending all replies to her to look over and the url so she can have the fun of finding the answer herself. THANKS again I really appreciate everyones help.
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Jan/01/2009 6:09 AM PST

You are very welcome! It just sounded like a riddle to me and seemed vaguely familiar. Sneaky gardening catalog! You would tend to look for a plant!
blueheron
Posted: Jan/01/2009 11:40 AM PST

What page do you mean?
msantique photos
Posted: Jan/01/2009 11:52 AM PST

blueheron go to this page - it's a ways down and highlight it for the answer. It really was a surprise Evonne as I thought it was a gardening question like my friend did. Otherwise I wouldn't have come here for help!
http://www.tolkientrail.com/riddles.shtml
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account