Page 1 of 1[1]

late planting.

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
Deirdre blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 12:20 AM PST

I bought a bunch of plants tonight from an online nursery I've used before. I should get them fairly quickly. Is there anything special I need to do before winter? Just plant, mulch and water until winter?

What about during winter? What do you do? Nothing? Do they need anything at all?

So many questions, so much doubt. lol

Someone tell me it's not too late to plant these things and make me feel better here!
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 3:30 AM PST

You should be fine- otherwise the nursery shouldn't have sent them!
Just keep them watered and mulched- their roots will be growing even if the foliage isn't
witt blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 5:14 AM PST

What plants did you order?
Deirdre blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 5:52 AM PST

This isn't all of em but i ordered astilbe, lingularia, pulmaria, salvia, lamium, verbascum, sedum, some coneflowers and iris.

Things like that.
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 8:13 AM PST

This is the perfect time to be planting those!
Sounds like you'll be having some very pretty gardens next year
Deirdre blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2008 8:17 AM PST

I hope so. I got the beds plans from the home and garden site and the the tulip bed will be like the plan. The other one I just hauled all the dirt for it sorta 2 plans put together. It's in a L so one part has one and the other has the other. But since I couldn't find some of the plants, i substituted for things that were similar height, etc. It will get sun so I'm pretty sure just about anything will do well. I also tried to get things that were a little "different". Instead of hostas, I got moonshine pulmonaria.

Eeeek. We shall see how they fare. Since I don't do well with seeds, I figured since I had the money, let's buy the plants and get it over with and hopefully my neighbors will stop looking at me like I'm nuts.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account