Page 1 of 2[12 Last

Trip to Whiteflower Farm

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Aug/30/2008 7:08 PM PST

Since I live somewhat close to Whiteflower Farm, I thought I would pick up some of the fall bulbs on my way to do some business. I have been wanting checkered lily, snowdrops and to bring up my crocus count. Apparently, they are all stocked up by the second week in September, so I was too early for the specific bulbs I was looking for.

The nice thing about WFF is that it is never a loss to travel out there. They have five acres of greenhouse, store and gardens and I had my camera ready.

Check out the vast display of petunias. The dahlias are at their height right now too! They had quite a spectacular display of varieties. I have to bring up my collection of sedum too. The one with the darker leaves is called Black Jack. That would be a great one to have. I just love the clematis too!

Attachments:

EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Aug/30/2008 7:12 PM PST

I have a thing for blue. Look at the blue Rose of Sharon! I noticed that this different kind of dahlia was featured on one of their films on dahlias. Dahlias are something else! I would have many gardens of them if I did not have to dig the bulbs up every year!

Attachments:

witt blog photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 3:22 AM PST

Wow! Great pics!

A blue rose of Sharon? I have never seen one. Oh, slurps and wishes!

What is the red one with the yellow center. That's odd.
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 5:50 AM PST

I believe the red flower is one of those different dahlia varieties that is getting popular. I did not see it in the catalog, but I recall seeing one in their online film on dahlias.

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/video-dahlias.html
yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 10:43 AM PST

I think I 'need' a collection of Rose of Sharon. That blue is so pretty and I really do want a red one.

Linda B
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 3:45 PM PST

Awesome pics! Do they ship plants? LOL!
Sounds much like my favorite nursery- Smithfield Gardens. About 10 acres of plants and greenhouses. If they don't stock something you want, they'll get it for you! I only have 2 gripes about them: 1. They are 30 mins away, and 2. They don't have an online store
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 3:52 PM PST

OK, I answered my own question, they do have an online store
I only spent a few mins browsing, but I have a feeling I am going to be spending hours looking
matsunoto photos
Posted: Aug/31/2008 11:27 PM PST

Whew! Fantastic pics.... Id like to have all of those flowers in my farm here in Cebu Central Philippines.

Anybody help me? Are all these plants available only in bulbs?

Please guide me...
chattycarnation blog photos
Posted: Sep/01/2008 4:03 AM PST

Dahlias are bulbs, Rose of Sharon is a shrub, petunias are an annual , sedum is perennial, welcome to GG
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Sep/01/2008 6:49 AM PST

Sorry Chatty... Thanks for clearing that up though! Sorry if I caused anyone confusion with the mix!

The last time I had a mix of photos and different plants from one place, I put it in Over the Garden Fence. I thought it would work there. The post was moved to perrennials. So this time, I put it here.

Whiteflower Farm does not deliver to places outside of the US. You may know of nurseries or seed places that do ship outside of the US though, and you can check for the plants there. If you know of others who have ordered from the US, those companies would be a good place to start. Shipping plants outside of the US is apparently very complex and time consuming for companies.

My photos include:
1. Petunia Tidal Wave Purple
2. Dahlia, Cactus type, pink and white bicolor. I am unsure of exact name.
3. Sedum, This could be Mr. Goodbud, but I am unsure.
4. Sedum, Blackjack
5. Clematis, Crystal Fountain
6. Rose of Sharon, Hibiscus Blue Satin
7. Dahlia, Orchid type, Red Orchid Star

http://www.americanmeadows.com/SpringFlowerBulbs/D ahlias/StarstruckDahliaMix.aspx
Types of dahlias.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account