What to do with Stevia?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
biyu
Posted: Aug/18/2009 9:03 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by cdo_gardener
Hi! I am from Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. I would like to know where you got your stevia plant? I have been searching all herb plant stores and they are not familiar with the plant. My mom has blood sugar issues and I too have it. It would be of great advantage to us if we could find a stevia plant and propagate it.

My fave greenhouse carries it every year an burped sells seeds fer it hmm search buying stevia plants? I kinda stumbled on it at greenhouse that I love an fell in love with the plant
eiramxed
Posted: Sep/11/2010 3:42 AM PST

Hi DELICIOSA. I'm from the Philippines, too. Where did you buy your stevia plant? I would very much like to try to plant some stevia in a row. I hope you could give me information. Thank you.
bussete1 blog photos
Posted: Sep/19/2010 5:26 PM PST

I've heard that sage tea helps with blood sugar issues, too. I hope you Philipinos can find your plants!
Suzy_Bean
Posted: Aug/27/2011 11:53 AM PST

My mom grows Stevia. We just dry the leaves (let them sit on a plate in a warm window for a few days) and whenever we want sweetener, we just powder a leaf or two into whatever we are making. It's awesome in lemonade! It slightly differs in taste from sugar--may be a little funny to those first trying it, but healthwise, it is awesome.
birdlover46 blog photos
Posted: Oct/28/2011 12:57 PM PST

It might be healthy but you certainly would have to get used to the taste....I bought some to try and I just do not care for the aftertaste......I would think you would have to "GROW" into liking it......or be VERY HEALTH CONSCIOUS!!
chrispaul97 blog photos
Posted: Oct/21/2013 2:40 PM PST

We purchased Stevia earlier this year. I've been harvesting it and it's still doing great (currently seeding). I've been told that it will come back year after year so I am leaving it alone.
As far as what to do with it. I know you dry the leaves (I use a cookie cooling rack), and you can steep them in your tea for a sweetener with one of those tea ball thingies.
I have not figured out how to make a syrup from it or anything else.
Page 2 of 2 First 12]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account