Page 1 of 3[123 Last

Horn of Plenty flower

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
aimee blog photos
Posted: Jul/30/2008 7:59 AM PST

We grew some horn of plenty plants this year for the first time. They are very beautiful and impressive. The plants are about six feet tall with large dark green leaves and huge double purple and white flowers. They are now making big bristly seed pods and I plan to save some seeds to plant next year. I'd be happy to send some seeds to anyone who wants them. Careful though if you have kids, they are a member of the datura family - that is, jimpsonweed, and they are very poisonous.

Attachments:

palmettogal blog photos
Posted: Jul/30/2008 10:14 AM PST

Lovely plants! I'd love to have a seed pod or two. Can you message me on my personal page with details?

Thanks!!
granny1961 blog
Posted: Jul/30/2008 8:35 PM PST

would love to have some of those seeds im new to this board i dont know how to cantact you i would be willing to send you some flowering bulbsi
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Jul/31/2008 5:09 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by granny1961
would love to have some of those seeds im new to this board i dont know how to cantact you i would be willing to send you some flowering bulbsi

Granny! If you click on aimee's name, you will be directed to her profile page where you can send her a personal message (PM or "g-mail"). That way, addresses can be exchanged privately.
But otherwise, I am sure she will be back and will see your post here.

Yes ~ purple datura. I got some seeds from the Seed-Swap-Box here this spring and they are awesome looking and easy to grow.
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Aug/01/2008 7:26 PM PST

They are impressive looking plants-They stink during the day, and smell great at nite!
aimee blog photos
Posted: Aug/03/2008 5:29 AM PST

Here's some more pictures I took this morning. The pic of the flower at the top of the page is one I found online because I didn't have any open that day that looked really great. LOL. So here's a picture of my own plant's flowers, and the crazy seed pods it's making.

Attachments:

salamanda photos
Posted: Aug/04/2008 4:36 PM PST

Yes, I'd love to have some of the seeds. Check out my tradelist and I'd be happy to give you what you'd like in return.

Thanks,
Salamanda
maggieevans photos
Posted: Aug/08/2008 8:42 PM PST

I would love to have some of the seed . I grew these several years ago but during a freeze in early spring one year they all froze out and haven't been able to find any since.
aimee blog photos
Posted: Aug/13/2008 9:06 AM PST

Here's an update and a new photo. The Horn of Plenty plants continue to grow and bloom. They're I'd say well over seven feet tall now. That's me (I'm about five feet eight) looking most scruffy in my Jam Jams, but you can see the size and shape of the plants very well. The seed pods are still very green.

Attachments:

carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Aug/14/2008 6:37 PM PST

That's impressive. One year mine got about 5 ft. tall and stayed covered in blooms. Now it's in a small pot and just struggling.
Page 1 of 3[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account