Page 1 of 1[1]

Nutrition packed salad

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
damethod blog photos
Posted: Jul/29/2008 6:02 AM PST

I copied and pasted this from the herb section. I posted it as a reply in a thread about mint. I figured it belonged here.

I use my mints in salads or with Lamb. I once tried a great recipe that I got off a magazine. I more or less remembered the recipe and tried it the other day..

Edamame salad:
Arugula (or other green leafy lettuce)
Soy beans(edamame)
Mint (sliced into thin ribbons)
Parmessiano Regiano cheese or other hard cheese(Pecorino Romano, Parmessan, etc)
Red Wine vinegar
About a tablespoon of sugar
Olive oil

The amounts of each ingredient are according to your likes. I typically use a handfull of arugula and mint..about 25 soy beans(already removed from pods)..and about a 1/4 cup of cheese.

Mix together the arugula, beans, mint, and cheese. In a seperate bowl, combine about about a 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and the sugar. Once sugar is dissolved, drizzle in about a 1/4cup of olive oil while mixing with a whisk. Whisk until it emulsifies.(Looks like a salad dressing) Pour over salad and enjoy.

This recipe is loaded with essential vitamins, good fats, and protein! I've interchanged mints and types of lettuce and have always been satisfied.
damethod blog photos
Posted: Sep/20/2008 8:30 AM PST

bump for gimpy2..

Hope you like
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account