Page 1 of 1[1]

what to plant when

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
bluebells blog
Posted: Jul/21/2008 9:26 PM PST

I am still really confused about the difference between Annuals, Biennials,and Perennials. Can some one explain it? Also I live on the North Coast, and I am having a hard time figuring out what herbs to plant here. Any tips?
sassmuffin blog photos
Posted: Jul/21/2008 10:16 PM PST

A little more clarification on your location will help with plant suggestions.

As for 1) annuals, a plant the lives just for the one year, plant in Spring, grows in summer dies at frost in fall. Will not regrow.

2)Bi-annual Will grow the first year, but flower the second. Hollyhocks, foxglove, delphiniums are types of biannuals

3) perennial This will come back year after year, roses, daisies, garden mums, hostas, pinks, are examples.

Hope this helps

Sass
suesaad blog photos
Posted: Jul/24/2008 6:29 PM PST

Absolute ditto to Sass's comment. Relax, it will be fun once you get the hang of it. I have scrapbooks full of the plants I have had, have and want. I go to the seed and plant catalogues on-line and scope out what they have and read about them and such. Print out the information so you always have it, take your own pics and add to the page. One page for each plant. It's your own reference to what you have and like. Have fun and don't get discouraged. Have a happy day....Sue
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account