Page 1 of 1[1]

Admire Pro...supposed to be best pest control product..

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
damethod blog photos
Posted: Jun/25/2008 7:06 AM PST

I stumbled across "Admire Pro" in a Citrus forum while looking for something to get rid of Leaf miners. I hear it is the best product for pest control on Citrus and most other trees and plants. I typed a search and the only two relevant results were the Bayer site(company that makes product, but doesn't sell it on the site) and a listing on Ebay for a wopping $169 a PINT!!

Have any of you heard of this product?..or used it in the past?
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Jun/25/2008 9:35 AM PST

Never heard of it. If it's that expensive I don't think I'll ever use it
TaterTot
Posted: Jul/26/2009 2:28 PM PST

I used Admire Pro on my potatos this year and never had a potato beetle on any of them. I got this product at the Farm Bureau in Harrisonburg,Va and yes it is expensive but not as much as you quoted. It was around $80 for a pint but this stuff is super concentrated. It took 1 1/2 tablespoons mixed with water to treat two hundred pounds of seed potatos. I'm not sure but I think it might also prevent some diseases. These are some of the nicest potatos(the vines,haven't dug any yet) we have ever raised. The bottle list many things it can be used for from cotton to garden vegetables. It must be used commercially because it gives directions for use per acre also. It does come with cautions for usage such as wearing long sleeve shirt, rubber gloves and boots and so on. Cautions about using too close to water sources and such. Very potent but will use again because it does work.
Bernieb
Posted: Oct/01/2009 5:51 AM PST

I have located two distributors in Texas that sell Admire Pro , but the product has very little presence in Texas and only one would sell to the homeowner - for $240 per 16 oz. I have tried ebay - selling for $169 - 16 oz. Can you supply the "Farm Bureau" store location or phone # that sold for $80 so that I might be able to deal directly with them? Thanks, Bernie
cougar blog photos
Posted: Oct/02/2009 7:15 PM PST

I am not familiar with admire pro but I could recommend a really really good borer-miner killer, it is indeed very effective, I use it along with a Bonide fruit spray sometimes. The Bonide has Captan, Malathion and Carbaryl in it. Well, anyway I highly recommend this company. www.starkbros.com / 1-800-325-4180. You can go to their site and take a look around at least. Have a great day. Their prices are very reasonable.
Bernieb
Posted: Oct/14/2009 8:03 PM PST

Just wondering if you could supply the location of where Action Pro was purchased? Thanks Bernie Brezina bernieb@brezinaclaims.com
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account