Page 1 of 1[1]

Tiny Garden Rake

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
stemncgardner photos
Posted: May/30/2008 7:12 AM PST

I went to an estate auction a month or so ago and there were some gardening tools that were to be sold as a bundle. There was one tool in there that I have never seen (it was very old) and I wanted it so badly, but I didn't need any of the other stuff, so I left it there. I was wondering if anyone might be familiar with this tool. It looked almost like a tiny pitch fork, had a handle about 12 inches long, would have been perfect for raking around small plants and in tight places between plants. I mean this was very small. I've looked at all the home gardening stores around and tried several different searches on the internet to see if I could find one or something similar and had no luck. I need a metal worker to make me one I guess. It was really cool. Anyone have any suggestions? This is not one of those adjustable rakes you see in the stores. This was so neat and tiny.
witt blog photos
Posted: May/30/2008 11:57 AM PST

It was probably hand-crafted by a gardener many years ago. I remember seeing a really odd tool on tv once, and it turned out to be a man's hoe that was so worn down that it looked sort of like a sickle.
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: May/30/2008 5:22 PM PST

That sounds very familiar. I think I've seen one, but I don't know what you call them. If I find out I'll let you know.
txrose blog photos
Posted: May/30/2008 8:39 PM PST

pic worth a 1000 words

was it like any of these?

Attachments:

poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Jun/01/2008 9:31 AM PST

Cool! The first picture, fourth implement down I had out in my barn, but it fell on my dirt floor and the handle rotted off. It looks like a skeletal hand now.
blink blog photos
Posted: Jun/03/2008 7:18 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by poeticpeony
Cool! The first picture, fourth implement down I had out in my barn, but it fell on my dirt floor and the handle rotted off. It looks like a skeletal hand now.

this scares me...
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account