Poll

I think the squirrelapult video...
...illustrates a form of pest control.

0.00%0
...is creul and not funny at all.

0.00%0
...is laugh out make your eyes water hilarious!

25.00%1
...is a joke.

25.00%1
...is shocking and horrible; I'm reporting it to PETA.

0.00%0
...was realeased by PETA (People Eat Tasty Animals).

0.00%0
...is none of these choices (post comment).

50.00%2
Page 1 of 1[1]

Is the squirrelapult pest control or a joke or...?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
noroom4weeds photos
Posted: Apr/30/2008 4:13 PM PST

Squirrelapult - pest control or joke?

The video from the "Flying Squirrel" post is also here(no spaces):
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe2_1173025591

The moderator saw this as a form of pest control and not a joke:

“We have moved your post on the video to the Controlling Pest and Diseases Forum. We are trying to keep the Over They Garden Fence a Social Gathering Spot. Many of our members do not garden and come to our site to post a joke, tell a story, play games or offer prayer requests.”

If it is pest control it is not very efficient as the squirrel will do this over and over again. I think it was meant to be a funny video.

What do you think? Pest control, funny video (joke), or..?

If the link http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe2_1173025591 (no spaces) does not work, just paste “SQUIRRELAPULT” into any online search engine and click on a link.

View at your own risk or for your own enjoyment!

noroom4weeds
flyfisher51 blog photos
Posted: May/03/2008 12:27 AM PST

Squirrels are a pain to most, or maybe just some gardeners. They eat our plants, rob our bird feeders, and sometimes do property damage. They are a direct result of our actions. I sometimes think it would be great to have a pea shooter to knock a squirrel off of a feeder. But I don't have one and I don't want to spend the time trying to get that accurate. If you don't want squirrels use hot meats in your feeders, hot suet, and crushed shells in your gardens and pots to prevent digging. I started my gardens to be close to growing things and to nature. I love birds and chipmonks, I accept squirrels. I will admit to naming some of them.
karslinky blog photos
Posted: May/03/2008 4:11 AM PST

I hate to admit it, but I got a chuckle out of that, and I usually am one to detest any form of animal cruelty, pest or not. Maybe it was the music.
txrose blog photos
Posted: May/03/2008 5:55 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfisher51
Squirrels are a pain to most, or maybe just some gardeners. They eat our plants, rob our bird feeders, and sometimes do property damage. They are a direct result of our actions. I sometimes think it would be great to have a pea shooter to knock a squirrel off of a feeder. But I don't have one and I don't want to spend the time trying to get that accurate. If you don't want squirrels use hot meats in your feeders, hot suet, and crushed shells in your gardens and pots to prevent digging. I started my gardens to be close to growing things and to nature. I love birds and chipmonks, I accept squirrels. I will admit to naming some of them.

Its hard not to name some of them..when they are in your back yard playing ball (really) or frolicking on your slide or wooden fort they just look like cats or something we'd like to pet.
Of course you may want to name them something else when they start chewing the wires in your porch light!
Aurora blog photos
Posted: May/03/2008 7:20 AM PST

Ok, that was pretty funny, so long as the little guys weren't hurt.

Since I haven't "yet" had any problems with the squirrels, I enjoy watching them, and laugh often at their antics. I guess with the gazillions of acorns of I have, they are plenty satisfied and don't bother my gardens or feeders.

I do have some good controls though for if and when they become a problem: dogs and cayenne pepper
sweetlebee blog photos
Posted: May/03/2008 8:13 AM PST

If I thought it might offend someone, I wouldn't post it. Since I know most people don't like to see any living creature harmed, I'd have taken that into consideration. You can always ask a moderator if you're not sure if it's appropriate. Moderators will discuss it and reach a consensus on posts that are in a gray area.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account