Page 1 of 1[1]

container planting??

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
rrruuunnn
Posted: Apr/22/2008 7:10 AM PST

i'm sowing seeds in a seed starter. i'm am going to grow vegetables. is container planting suitable for a vegetable garden? my container is about 2 feet by 8 feet and 1 foot deep. is this going to be difficult?
sweetlebee blog photos
Posted: Apr/22/2008 7:55 AM PST

There are a few discussions of container growing in the vegetable forum. I'm going to try tomatoes in a container but I'll have to read through those threads first.
Angellee
Posted: Apr/22/2008 1:20 PM PST

I Live in an apartment and have been looking for some help on this. I just bought the new Mother Earth News APRIL/MAY 2008 and they have a great section in there about container planting!!! I love that term by the way. If you cant find the mag at stores or your library the guy who wrote the article is named Ed Smith and he has a book called Incredible Vegetables from self watering containers. I have a copy reserved at my library. Hes totally into this and you should see the pics of tomatoes cucs and eggplants even squash and corn. With the economy and pesticides the way they are every little bit helps. Hope this helps you out. I just planted green onions and lemon cucumbers in pots. We will see how that works. And Ive decided on cherry tomato plants because of the size.You should have no problem with the size of your container. you can literally grow it all.
Good Planting!!!!

Angel
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account