Page 1 of 1[1]

Japanese Beetles and Peach Tree Curl

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
mbvirtue blog photos
Posted: Mar/01/2008 5:24 AM PST

Anyone here have any suggestions as to the control of both? Is there any ground-applied treatment for Peach Tree Curl? I think I'm leaning toward the milky spore treatment of the lawn for the JBs, and would really like something similar in treatment application for the peach tree. The peach tree has had curl for three years now, and until last fall I didn't realize it's a progressive disease. I'd just been letting it run its course each year, as the tree's fruit production didn't suffer. However, last year we were invaded by the JBs, which also attacked the peaches, so that tree will need some help this coming spring, I'm sure!
dimona photos
Posted: Mar/01/2008 6:54 AM PST

MB,
This is so funny. I logged on here today hoping to find some idea as to where to get Milky Spore to control the grubs. I dont know anything about the peach tree problem you are having. He have 2 peach trees and they have never been able to finish bearing fruit due to the japaneese beetles. SO I thought I would try the Milky Spore Powder, but I'm having trouble locating where to purchase it. I didn't want to run all over town looking. Good Luck
AngelsGarden blog photos
Posted: Mar/01/2008 7:01 AM PST

I have seen Milky Spore Powder in alot of my garden catalogs. One of them is Pinetree, their website has it too. It is www.superseeds.com Most places that I see it the cost is about $30 to $40 for one container. I have never seen it in any stores around here.
mbvirtue blog photos
Posted: Mar/02/2008 7:07 AM PST

Yup, I'm begining to think that it's either mail-order only, or a seasonal item that my local nursery won't have for another month or so, as there's still a foot of snow on the ground up here. I have some time yet to figure out what I'm going to do, at least!
dimona, how old are your peach trees? The one I have here is at least 7 years old now, and should continue to bear fruit for at least another 3 years. I've been told, however, that once the tree gets over 10 years, it will gradually decline production until it stops around 15 year or so. I'm planning to plant another peach tree within the next 2 years to take over for this one. Although the JBs seemed to "like" the peach tree, they didn't really do much beyond munching a few bites out of a few peaches, so maybe the cultivar has something to do with it?
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account