Copyright © 1997-2009 Demand Media. All rights reserved.
Location: Lake Champlain Valley
Posted: Feb/27/2008 10:55 AM PST
Seed swapping can be great fun and a great way to expand your garden diversity. However, we do recommend you follow some basic rules to enhance your experience and to protect your privacy. All publicly accessible forums like Garden Guides can be viewed by anyone with access to the internet. We suggest you:
1) Not publish your physical address (snail mail) in an open forum.
2) Avoid giving your e-mail address on the forum; give it out through the Private Message function only.
3) Invite potential trade partners to communicate with you through the Private Message (PM) function accessible on your profile page. This is only available to those who have signed up as members.
4) Check the Profile page of potential trade partners. Are they long-time members, what's their posting history, do they let you know enough about themselves to make you feel comfortable?
5) Use your common sense to protect your privacy and peace of mind.
We cannot guarantee a successful swap or that other problems won't arise, but we do care that your experience here at Garden Guides is positive. It is up to you to monitor your own interactions here. If you see or read any forum posts that you feel are inappropriate or fraudulent, please report the post immediately (button at lower right of post). If you receive inappropriate or potentially fraudulent PMs, please report these to a moderator--we are identified by the word "Moderator" beneath our screen names on the left side of our posts.
Location: NE Ohio, deck chuckin' fool
Posted: Aug/16/2008 12:42 PM PST
I noticed a lot of confirmation numbers being placed in the Round Robin. If you feel it's a concern, pm the other person with the confirmation number and just tell them in the thread that you've pm-ed them with it. Anyone can put any of those numbers in an get your city/state location. I just did to try it.