Page 1 of 1[1]

landscape architect

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
JoSue photos
Posted: Feb/06/2008 11:10 AM PST

Good morning! I'm new to your site and excited about seeing all there is to see.

I'm searching for a landscape architect by word of mouth by people who have actually used the person they recommend. I would like to find someone who will draw up a plan for my space but not necessarily do the work as I would like to do it myself as funds will allow. I live in the Central Valley of California. Any suggestions?
yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Feb/06/2008 11:37 AM PST

Hey JoSue looks like you found the right place.

Look below this post and read through the 'front lawn' post. GardenGirl is the one that has the smarts to design beds.

Linda B from SC
TinaMcG blog photos
Posted: Mar/09/2008 8:37 AM PST

If you don't need a lot of construction or earth moving, I suggest you start with a landscape designer, rather than a landscape architect. You'll save a lot of money, and a good designer can as good a job on planting plans as an architect.

I am a landscape designer, and I have had to hire a landscape architect, but that's because we have drainage issues beyond the scope of my self, as well as all the landscape contractors I've talked to. All I am seeking to get from the architect is a grading plan, and that alone is going to be $2000 for a little over an acre of our property. A designer will cost you a lot less and do a good job.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account