Poll

At what age did you begin gardening as a hobbie?
As far back as you can remember...in diapers!

19.17%23
In your teens

13.33%16
In your 20's

42.50%51
In your 30's

10.83%13
In your 40's

8.33%10
In you 50's

2.50%3
Too old to remember!

3.33%4

At what age did you begin gardening as a hobbie?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
SowingSeeds
Posted: Jan/28/2010 7:39 AM PST

Hmmm... So when did i start gardening. Interesting question
I am a retired lady now, so i would go for an answer that it is too old to remember when i started gardening. But if you are asking about professional gardening, i started off while i get retirement from my job and i actually got a new job as a gardener. I am loving it like anything
TalliroseMM blog photos
Posted: Feb/01/2010 10:18 PM PST

Im 21, live in upstate NY and built a small greenhouse to start my seeds in last spring. this year its going to be bigger and better, perhaps with heat, for year round veggies! and im also thinking about taking a few courses at a college to learn more about greenhouses, propagation, and how to make up the perfect soil!..(any advice id Love to hear from you!)
Secateurs photos
Posted: Feb/09/2010 11:34 AM PST

I remember my grandmother getting me into it when I was 13.
Gardenlinda
Posted: Apr/02/2010 11:28 AM PST

I have always loved to garden. I used to help my mother plant seeds or plants as a child. Then when I got married in my 20's and in our first house we planted seeds, plants and a vegetable garden. Now we are in our third home where I have a extensive cottage garden and a pond, which I designed and put in myself with my husbands help. I worked at greenhouses for a few years and I am now retired, so I have collected alot of plants I have gone plant crazy. But i love it.
Joyce777 blog photos
Posted: Apr/07/2010 12:07 PM PST

With the way the weather here is in Oregon. I"m not sure I can call Garden my hobby, but mainly in the spring/summer month's. I recently just started last few year's.
MatthewWilliam
Posted: Jul/06/2010 2:25 AM PST

A close friend of mine began gardening a few years ago and I have recently gotten hooked on it as well. Lately my friend have to drag me in the house as the sun sets . There is something about the simplicity and purity of gardening that I just love
MatthewWilliam
Posted: Jul/06/2010 2:27 AM PST

A close friend of mine began gardening a few years ago and I have recently gotten hooked on it as well. Lately my friend have to drag me in the house as the sun sets . There is something about the simplicity and purity of gardening that I just love
lmballard blog photos
Posted: Mar/28/2011 6:59 AM PST

I started gardening as a child. My Dad planted the garden and would have us help in it. There were 8 children in our family so everyone helped out in whatever way they could. Once I reached adulthood I sort of lost interest for a few years and got back into it in my 30s. Since then I haven't lost interest in it and my interest just keeps growing and growing along with our gardens.
lmballard blog photos
Posted: Mar/28/2011 6:59 AM PST

I started gardening as a child. My Dad planted the garden and would have us help in it. There were 8 children in our family so everyone helped out in whatever way they could. Once I reached adulthood I sort of lost interest for a few years and got back into it in my 30s. Since then I haven't lost interest in it and my interest just keeps growing and growing along with our gardens.
frogmanjared blog photos
Posted: Apr/26/2011 5:16 AM PST

I first started helping my parents in the garden before I was 5 years old. It wasn't much, just digging holes for the plants and picking the larger veggies. Back then I was mainly watching the toads in the garden, but I helped out to the best of my ability! I live in an apartment now so I have a patio garden, still trying to figure out what I can grow successfully in containers.
Page 4 of 5 First 2345 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account