Page 5 of 5 First 345]

Your SOUP recipes ~ needed now!!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
aimee blog photos
Posted: Mar/24/2009 6:29 PM PST

Ah HA. I looked it up - found it in alot of places but this is from Wiki. Tell me I'm great bwahaahaahaa!!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harira is the traditional soup of Morocco. It is usually eaten during dinner in the Muslim holy month of Ramadan to break the fasting day. It is considered as a meal in itself. It is also served to relatives and friends after a special celebration, such as the morning after a wedding night, and its recipe varies then slightly from the harira eaten during Ramadan. Of course, it could be prepared any time, however, some families prefer to stick to tradition and serve it on special occasions.
Gimpy2 blog photos
Posted: May/12/2009 4:22 PM PST

I have a new job as a food writer-correspondant for our local paper and it's keeping me working at the computer... so I don't have that "come home from running around like crazy at work and veg in front of the computer to relax with a beer" thing going on any more.

Hi Aimee, Sorry to be so long in picking up on this. I haven't been on line for ages... now that I have two good legs and a bionic knee, I am just getting off on living, and doing all the stuff I couldn't do before. Been to the city to visit my BF, been to daughter Renee's for Easter, beem to the oculist to get new glasses, tending house plants and just generally catching up on all the stuff that has been on the back burner since I can't remember when.
Better late than never!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB!!

The ground has finally thawed here, so I'm into cleaning up the gardens. Since I haven't done a thing in almost 2 years that's a tall order.

My best handyman is busily rebuilding my vegie gardens. They are almost finished. He made me a wooden boardwalk all the way round them to make working them easier. Truck is coming with soil to top them up on Thursday.

Today and tomorrow, cleaning up REAL EASY, which was sorrily overgrown and in need of some heavy duty clean out.

Since we shouldn't plant here before the full moon in June, I still have some wiggle room.

Also my little pool has to be rebuilt.. the deck too as it was starting to list like a boat in high seas. That's another month's work. Luc found me a really good pool man who promises to make the new deck fool proof against frost heaves.

Just wanted to check in and say I'm still kicking and glad you are doing well.

Gimpy2
damselfly blog photos
Posted: Sep/28/2009 2:43 PM PST

AngelsGardem
I know you posted your Pumpkin Soup recipe in 2007, but today Sept 28, 2009, I heard a new version of pumpkin soup on City Line (Canadian show from Toronto..a bit of cooking, a bit of fashion, a bit of crafting, a bit of gossip..). Sounds delish so will post it here. The chef guesting on the show was Michael Bonacini from an old cooking show called Cook Like a Chef.

The only ingredients that are hard to find are Kaffir Lime Leaves and Pumpkin Seed oil.. THAI KITCHEN makes the curry paste in tiny 2 oz bottles. Commes straight from Thailand. Has no msg, no preservatives or other gunk. Common in every chain grocery store here in Quebec, but might be harder to find where you are. Canned coconut milk is in every chain grocery store I've ever been to.
You can even use the reduced fat kind if you're diet conscious. As for papadums, no worry, tortillas toasted crisp & crumbled will do fine.

VARIATION ON PUMPKIN SOUP
-1 small sweet pumpkin, peeled and seeded, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 TBS. unsalted butter -1 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
-1 small white onion, chopped -1 stalk celery, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped – ½ tsp. red Thai curry paste
- 1 or 2 Kaffir Lime leaves -4 cups chicken stock
+++++
-1 can coconut milk.
+++++
Garnish: -Toasted pumpkin seeds, -toasted papadum broken up *see note above.
-Drizzle of pumpkin seed oil

-In stock pot sauté onions in butter & olive oil till clear & soft. Stir in garlic & celery. Stir and heat through.
- Stir in curry paste, blending thoroughly.
-Stir in cubed pumpkin until well coated.
-Stir in broth. Drop in lime leaf.
-Cover and simmer for least 30 mins. until pumpkin is soft & falling apart.
-Remove lime leaf. Taste, add salt & pepper if needed.
-Whiz with a stick blender till silky smooth.
-Stir in 1 can coconut milk. Heat through, do not boil.
-Ladle out bowlfuls. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, popodum bits and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.

Michael Bonacini on CITY LINE. Sept 28th, 2009

I'm going to try this one... as soon as I buy a small pumpkin and some pumpkin seed oil.. Have all the rest. This chef's a winner so feel sure his recipe will delight.
damselfly (aka gimpy2)
Poison_Ivy
Posted: Nov/13/2009 2:06 PM PST

Here is our Easy Chicken Soup

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. oil
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
3 cups water
2 cups carrot slices
1 env. GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Quick & Easy Matzo Balls (see recipe below)

COOK and stir chicken and onion in hot oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through.
ADD broth, water, carrots and dressing mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min. or until carrots are tender.
STIR in parsley. Serve with Quick & Easy Matzo Balls.

Matzo Balls Recipe:
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup matzo meal
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

MIX all ingredients until well blended; cover. Refrigerate 30 min.
SHAPE evenly into 18 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter, using moistened hands. Add to large pot of boiling salted water; cover.
COOK 30 min. or until matzo balls are cooked through; drain.
amazingtulips
Posted: Mar/29/2010 2:56 PM PST

I cannot believe how many good recipes are on here. Thanks so much every 1
Page 5 of 5 First 345]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account